Groove74
Corporal

Just had to rebuild my OS.

Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:00 am

Ok after a week of PC issues I found my my copy of Windows XP was currupted and even after a fresh format install it was still currupted.
So I went and got a copy of Windows Vista Pro and now that I got it up and running I just installed the Game with patch 1.09.

I was wondering are there any Knowen Issues with the game and windows Vista. I ask because I have read all over the net that vista dose not work well with game softwere. is this true?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:cwboy: One day the South will rise again!!! :cwboy:

Rafiki

Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:46 am

The game runs on Vista. There are some that have had to tweak permissions (under Vista's New, Better, Improved and Paranoid(tm) security scheme), and it also seems that savegames and suchlike aren't located under the game installation, but by and large, you needn't worry :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Groove74
Corporal

Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:01 am

Cool ty

Prussian Prince
Captain

Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:07 pm

Have been running Vista Home Premium for about 8 or 9 months now and have no major issues with AACW, Birth of America, or Napoleons Campaigns.
Player of many Ageod Games : AACW, ROP, BOA2 and PON!

Beta Tester for EU2 and HOI3:thumbsup:

Groove74
Corporal

Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:17 am

Awesome... I find I really Like Vista I have read alot of bad reviews of Vista. I however have not had any Problems with the OS I seems real stable and I lile alot of the updates with the Premium Version. I had XP Pro before and I was thinking after the bad reviews that I would hate it, But it is quite the oppisite I really like Vista. So far all my games work just fine.

Hobbes

Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:24 am

I just started a game under Vista, made my move and saved it but there was no save file created even though it seemed to save OK. I had to amend the directory permissions to get it to work.

I've not found anything I like about Vista so far apart from the thumbnails of images.

Cheers, Chris

Bertram

Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:27 pm

Are you sue there was no save file? Vista has the habit of putting save files (and other by the program creeted data files) in directories it thinks appopriate, and not under the directories the program wants them. It usually saves them under the "documents of user" directory, or subdirectories of that. Though sometimes it puts directories at complete other places.

Le Ricain

Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:36 pm

Hobbes wrote:I just started a game under Vista, made my move and saved it but there was no save file created even though it seemed to save OK. I had to amend the directory permissions to get it to work.

I've not found anything I like about Vista so far apart from the thumbnails of images.

Cheers, Chris

Chris,

When you go to AACW in your directory, you need to click on the compatibility files button located in the blue bar at the top. Your saves are located there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:50 pm

Have you been to Atlanta, Miami, Nashville, Memphis, Houston, Dallas etc. The South has risen again with courage and insight and with NO SLAVES. T

LMUBill
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:41 am

tagwyn wrote:Have you been to Atlanta, Miami, Nashville, Memphis, Houston, Dallas etc. The South has risen again with courage and insight and with NO SLAVES. T

Too true... too bad the Yankees are invading again though. :p leure:
This time they are moving here. I think half the population of Ohio has moved here to Tennessee in the last few years.

Le Ricain

Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:34 pm

LMUBill wrote:Too true... too bad the Yankees are invading again though. :p leure:
This time they are moving here. I think half the population of Ohio has moved here to Tennessee in the last few years.

That is fair enough. It has always seemed that half the population of Ohio came from Kentucky originally.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

LMUBill
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:38 pm

Le Ricain wrote:That is fair enough. It has always seemed that half the population of Ohio came from Kentucky originally.

True. Many of them moved up there for jobs in the 1940s and 1950s. What's really funny is how quickly they turn Yankee and look down on the "poor hillbillies" in Kentucky. :sourcil:

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”