McClellan
Private

Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:14 pm

same observation in my test game against the ai. both events are not working.
"If General McClellan does not want to use the army, I would like to borrow it for a time."

Abraham Lincoln

Gray_Lensman

Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:15 pm

deleted

Franciscus

Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:41 am

Just to refine my contribution about the "bugs" being reported (in my case in a 1.08 patch over 1.07i, with RR mod 2512):
- Patterson and Mcclellan events do not in fact seem to happen (April 61 campaign, through April 62), although other events seem to be (including Union general order nº1 :tournepas )
- In ALL scenarios and campaigns except the "new" ones, and when starting a new game, the in place units and new (by script) ones are in the default ROE, as they should. In the 3 "new" scenarios (Atlanta, Transmississipi, Vicksburg), the units, CSA and USA, are in the "defend at all costs" ROE (WAD ?)
- In the ledger, the upper arrow works ok (next page of the ledger). But in the roster page, the arrows on the bottom do not work (although the mouse wheel works in scrolling through the roster). But I am not sure when this bug was introduced because I usually did not use those arrows :niark:
- Mouse wheel zooms in and out on the map, with no problems.
- Battle report text, no problems

(PS: noticed some typos on the Atlanta scenario description, eg: The South's Objective is too Hold Atlanta with Meager supplies)

Big Muddy

Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:56 am

I'm playing with a clean install, just checked and my forces always go back to a defenseive posture, except for ships. On the forces page, bottom arrow does not change pages.

A big thanks to arsan about using the mouse wheel to change pages on the forces page, I was not aware of this. Now some events are not firing, I think we will have to wait till next year to get these problems solved.

Pocus

Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:19 am

I'll check the issues, thanks for the reports. ROE for continued saved game are defaulting to the red ones, this is normal in a sense that I can't do anything about that. I'll see if for newly started scenarios they default to the orange one.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

GShock

Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:04 pm

Time to update your signature, pocus :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We ain't going down!

lodilefty

Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:43 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:I just did this myself, and I went into the second half of January 1862 and neither event fired. Are any of the other events firing?

I'm proceeding with an uninstall/reinstall of v1.07h, test it, then v1.07i, test it, in the same manner above. Hopefully, I can localize when it began.

Test results:

1) vanilla v1.07h - both events fired
1a) v1.07h + using new 1861 April Campaign scenario (same one as in v1.08, fyi) - both events fired.

2) vanilla v1.07i (public beta) - both events fired
2a) v1.07i + 20071225 version of RR MOD - both events fired

3) vanilla v1.08 - neither event fired
Note: it looks as if v1.08 (Christmas Patch) introduces a new event file "USA EventsTrans.sct", which may have something to do with the missing event errors.

Since it is hard to ascertain what other critical events may be "missing", I, myself, for now, am uninstalling and reinstalling to v1.07h + 20071225 version of the RR MOD. We'll let Pocus sort this out.

I looked in USA Events.sct
The events are in there, and are using the SelUnqSubUnit command. Is this problem related to the new commands published just prior to the patch?

Pocus

Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:57 pm

Yes, but this is all fixed now. Patch will land soon, clearance accepted.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

macnab
Private

Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:22 pm

arsan wrote:Hi!
I have tried it with a continuing april campaign but also with a new april campaign and with a new Vicksburg scenario. It doesn’t work right in any of this.
At start, all stacks begin with defend at all cost ROE (if in defensive stance) or with attack at all cost ROE (if in advance stack).
But also, i had noticed that once you manually change the ROE/posture settings in a stack, they begin to behave Ok: "orange" ROE as default.
So it seems the problem is only with the initial setup in any scenario or with the current turn in a continued scenario.
I suppose it’s not a big deal... the only problem is with the units/stacks you forget to check and manually change the posture/ROE (forgotten garrisons and the like…)

Also, i can confirm the problem with the arrow on the ledger.
But there is two arrows there, it can create confusion…

The top arrow who gets you from one page/section to another (like F1, F2, F3...). That one works all right.

And The bottom arrow on the unit rooster, who let you cycle trough your forces if there are more than one page. That is the one NOT working for me. At least, you can cicle with the mouse wheel.

Its strange that not everybody had the problems… :8o:
Maybe it’s needed a clean reinstall of AACW??? My version is patched over a 1.07i patch...

Cheers!

Mine which is all working ok on new was not on v107i patch but over a v1.07h

Pocus

Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:28 pm

New version 1.08a, now official:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/AACW_Patch.zip

==============================================================================
AGEod's American Civil War Update 1.08a
December 27th, 2007.

Fixes for the 1.08 patch:
- Ledger buttons work as before (reminder: the mouse wheel scrolls the units in the ledger)
- ROE buttons will default to standard when you create a new game.
- If historical attrition is enabled, you can only recover lost elements if on a depot, but you can still recover hits if in any structure.
- Patterson & McClellan events work again.

Franciscus

Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:30 pm

The fastest patcher in the world strikes again :niark:

Thanks again Pocus.

(My praise to your dedication is getting probably boring by now, but absolutely deserved :gardavou :)

GShock

Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:46 pm

The patch fever :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We ain't going down!

macnab
Private

Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:51 pm

Again thanks for your promptness

macnab
Private

Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:14 pm

Pocus wrote:New version 1.08a, now official:

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/AACW_Patch.zip

AGEod's American Civil War Update 1.08a
December 27th, 2007.

Fixes for the 1.08 patch:
- Ledger buttons work as before (reminder: the mouse wheel scrolls the units in the ledger)
- ROE buttons will default to standard when you create a new game.
- If historical attrition is enabled, you can only recover lost elements if on a depot, but you can still recover hits if in any structure.
- Patterson & McClellan events work again.

The patch at this d/load is 1.07h ? mac

Pocus

Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:39 pm

Must be a cache issue, because I download it with the link, and the zip presents me with 1.08a inside the archive.

macnab
Private

Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:08 pm

Cleared my cache ,and d/loaded off, of your link, middle one in your letter, still getting v1.07h inside zip, ? wierd any ideas,?

Paul Roberts

Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:15 pm

Thanks, Pocus! The level of support AGEOD provides is amazing.

GL,

May I assume that your latest RR mod works with 1.08a?

Thanks again!

Pocus

Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:37 pm

Who is getting the old link too? Or does someone get the new one now?

AndrewKurtz

Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:43 pm

Pocus wrote:Who is getting the old link too? Or does someone get the new one now?

I get 1.08a

Franciscus

Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:45 pm

1.08a here :cwboy:

arsan

Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:46 pm

I get 1.08a.
No problem for me :cwboy:

lodilefty

Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:26 pm

1.08a here.
Sounds like it's OK, huh? :nuts: :siffle:

LinoD
Corporal

Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:10 pm

I need patch 1.07h to finish a PBEM game. Where I can download it? All patches are linking to 1.08a.
Thanks

Fouche
Captain

Pocus thanks...

Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:44 pm

Hello...my problem in starting an ACW game seems to have been fixed with this patch 1.08a (this still happens to me in Nap Cam -- I will uninstall the game and put in the newest patch for that game..and if that does not work I will do what you suggested to me on the Nap Cam forum). I uninstalled the ACW game and reinstalled it and then installed the newest patch. Of course we may lose our saved games but...well my opponent and I can start over... :niark: A bit strange that this has happened since I seem to have an isolated issue at work here...well no matter...

adam_cs
Civilian

help wanted

Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:37 pm

Please help!!

I downloaded the christmas patch and it doesn't work. I downloaded, uninstalled, installed again, restarted etc. and the patch doesn't want to work. I've got the 1.04 patch and that works fine. The funny thing is that it installs the 1.08 properly but then I would start playing and I got still the 1.04version. No Xmas patch. I haven't got the new scenarios, the ROE and the rest.
So, am I missing something?

berto
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:03 pm

adam_cs wrote:Please help!!

I downloaded the christmas patch and it doesn't work. I downloaded, uninstalled, installed again, restarted etc. and the patch doesn't want to work. I've got the 1.04 patch and that works fine. The funny thing is that it installs the 1.08 properly but then I would start playing and I got still the 1.04version. No Xmas patch. I haven't got the new scenarios, the ROE and the rest.
So, am I missing something?

Speaking as no expert in these matters (despite my having successfully applied >12 patches by now):

When you install the patch, two dialog boxes come up asking you to verify the installation directory, also the menu path. I always make sure to doublecheck these.

Maybe your installation is borked? Have you uninstalled everything (and maybe run Norton Win Doctor or its equivalent), then reinstalled the original, unpatched game, then installed the 1.08a patch?

But no doubt Pocus or one of the veterans here will weigh in with more expert opinion...
What this town needs is a good Renaissance band!
Early MusiChicago - Early Music in Chicago and Beyond - http://earlymusichicago.org
PIKT - Global-View, Site-at-a-Time System and Network Administration - http://pikt.org
AGElint - an AGE debugging toolkit - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2978333
Your Mileage May Vary -- Always!

Gray_Lensman

Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:04 pm

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:11 pm

deleted

adam_cs
Civilian

Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:20 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:First off, have you downloaded the Christmas patch (v1.08) or (v1.08a) which was just released a little bit ago? Both of them have installed properly for me, but the v1.08 has some small bugs that were corrected in v1.08a.

Could be you have a corrupted file, however. try downloading again. If successfully applied, you should see the patch version number in the lower right hand corner of the logo screen during the game loading process.

Regards

Generally the patches usually locate the original installation folder selected during the initial game installation, but check that it actually is the same when patching. If not the same, you may have to browse to find the proper folder to patch too.

Another mistake sometimes made is too reinstall to a different folder without clearing the registry and the patch then defaults to unload to the original folder instead of the newer installation.

I downloaded the 1.08a patch.

arsan

Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:32 pm

LinoD wrote:I need patch 1.07h to finish a PBEM game. Where I can download it? All patches are linking to 1.08a.
Thanks

Hi LinoD
It seems the 1.08 patch is compatible with ongoing games. I think that if you and your PBEM partner both install 1.08a patch you will be able to finish the PBEM game.
Anyhow, i still have the 1.07h and 1.07i patches on my hard disk. I can upload them somewhere if you want to.
Let me know. :cwboy:

Saludos!

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”