doktor57
Corporal

Die roll means...what?

Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:19 pm

The combat display indicates opponent's and my die rolls. I assume that's for combat resolution. Are larger or smaller numbers better?
Dave
San Diego
Home of the World's Busiest Radar Approach Control

Jagger
AGEod Grognard

Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:59 am

doktor57 wrote:The combat display indicates opponent's and my die rolls. I assume that's for combat resolution. Are larger or smaller numbers better?

In days long ago, when nights were darker, stars brighter, conflicts were resolved in the civilized manner of old.

Dice, the bones of fate, were the weapons of choice. When the Gods smiled, snake eyes appeared and justice prevailed. But when dastardly devils arose from the deep, with their many eyes peering from the dice, strong men cowered and the clouds darkened. All worshiped the fickle Gods of the dice deciding the stern fate of so many witless and plotting men. :turc:

Kal
Corporal

Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:02 am

:hat:
[SIGPIC]http://www.ageod-forum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3112&dateline=1192800426[/SIGPIC]

doktor57
Corporal

Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:52 pm

Jagger wrote:In days long ago, when nights were darker, stars brighter, conflicts were resolved in the civilized manner of old.

Dice, the bones of fate, were the weapons of choice. When the Gods smiled, snake eyes appeared and justice prevailed. But when dastardly devils arose from the deep, with their many eyes peering from the dice, strong men cowered and the clouds darkened. All worshiped the fickle Gods of the dice deciding the stern fate of so many witless and plotting men. :turc:

Ah yes, but when reviewing the battle results, are larger numbers better than smaller numbers? I'm trying to understand the combat results, to see which factors are most important.
Dave

San Diego

Home of the World's Busiest Radar Approach Control

Paul Roberts

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:16 pm

My understanding is that the two numbers are comparative, reflecting how the various rolls went for each side. For instance, if your die number is 52 and the opponent's is 48, it means that luck was on your side during the battle--i.e. more rolls went your way than the enemy's. Since the numbers always add up to 100, anything far from 50 (in either direction) means that good or bad luck played a larger part in the outcome.

That's my surmise, anyway.

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”