Pocus

AACW 1.07 public beta patch

Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:27 pm

Dear players,

At last we found some time to wrap in a nice patch the changes done the past month, spiced with the impressive works on data and map tweaks done by several modders.

But we warned, this patch is not totally stable. Many data were shuffled around in the database, some rules are still experimental, and you top that by the fact that our dear beta testers are either debating the merit of the gunboat diplomacy in the VGN forum, or are checking if Napoleon has all the abilities he deserve in the Napoleon's Campaign one.

So be sure to understand that this patch has surely some bugs in it. For whose who want stabilized stuff, just wait a few days, so that some bold explorers/modders thread the dangerous path of playing with this version (why I'm so verbose this evening, I don't know).

Without further delay, the link and readme.

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/patch_AACW_v1.07.zip

==============================================================================
AGEod's American Civil War Update 1.07 Readme
Friday, September 14th, 2007

This patch contains all changes since the start.
You can continue a saved game created before the patch. Most entry will apply, but not all.

Bugs
fixed: A rare crash could occurs when a structure was captured.
fixed: An Admiral, in a special circumstance could be irritated by having a general promoted before him.
fixed: An erroneous value in a text file prevented the new retreat algorithm to triggers properly.
fixed: Troops surrendering after a siege will give the right amount of VP, morale and prisoners.
fixed: wounded during battle where thrice as much as planed (resulting in a big increase of the conscript pool).
fixed: Spy network trait was not functionning properly.

User Interface
You will get a message telling you what you earn after a surrender.
The number of divisions being formed will be indicated in the tooltip button 'form a division'.
The promotion potential is indicated in the detail panel about a general. 'Yes' means he can be potentially promoted (given the fact he earns seniority). 'No' means he can never be promoted to a new rank (the database lock the promotion, on purpose).
New special order: Relocate Unit. It can be used up to 3 time a turn to relocate instantly a leader or an army HQ into another controled region (this order is still experimental, an option will be proposed to disable it)
New special order: No Bombardment. Prevents land units to bombard passing ships and to be bombarded by them.

AI
fixed: In some circumstances, the AI could have a stack locked erroneously.
fixed: In some circumstances, the AI would not use an army HQ to form an army, even if possible.
added: The AI uses the new relocate order to send army HQ efficiently.

Gameplay
Sea regions are now blockaded by counting the number of elements (in combat ships), not the number of units.
You can't bombard an harbor if the sea zone you are in is not an exit point of the said harbor.
You can now set the forts in such a way that they are sufficient to blockade an harbor (see modding section)
Captured units lose all their experience.
Destroying a depot destroy most of the regional supply.
Stacks now randomize every combat round their target among the list of enemy stacks attacking them. Will prevent the effect of having 2 corps A & B engaged against one single enemy stack, with A being severely damaged and B being intact (because it was targeted first by the enemy).
Relocate order created, see user interface.
No Bombardment order created, see user interface.
changed: Overcautious trait now works in a more subtle way. It can prevents the leader activation if he is in hostile territory.
added: there is now a hard limit to the number of hits inflicted against a land force by a fleet. The reverse exists too (see the modding section for the actual values)

Data & Map
266 discrepancies (!) and improvements in regions linking done, Courtesy of Michael McDougal, aka Gray_Lensman. See the modding forum for explainations about these modifications gone official.

Rail network reviewed, courtesy of PBoeye. See the modding forum for explainations about these modifications gone official.

Weather patterns improved, courtesy of Mike1962. See the modding forum for explainations about these modifications gone official.

Artilleries values rebalanced, courtesy of Jagger. See the modding forum for explainations about these modifications gone official.

Modding
Variables regarding forts & blockade mechanism exported to ACW\settings\Bombard&Blockade.opt:
bloAdjFriendlyFort = -6 // brown water blockade, bonus given by adjacent fort
bloAdjEnemyFort = 6 // same, for an enemy fort (malus)
bloMinSUToBlockade = 12 // Nb of SoL elements needed or pts given by a fort to blockade a zone
bmbHitCoeffLand = 20 // coefficient (in hundredth)to land efficiency for bombard
bmbHitCoeffNav = 5 // coefficient (in hundredth)to ship efficiency for bombard
bmbMaxHitsDoneByLand = 50 // How many hit points can be done by Land units against a fleet
bmbMaxHitsDoneByNav = 25 // the reverse

--------------------

Note1: This patch allow you to continue game.
Note2: Only the 1861 & 1862 campaigns are up to date regarding railroads.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Rafiki

Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:33 pm

Yay! Image

Have a glass of whatever you prefer; it is well earned, even if it hadn't been a Friday night! Image
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

PBBoeye
General

Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:51 pm

The 'overcautious' thing looks cool. Why isn't McClellan saddled with this, instead of just Poor Spy Network? Hmmmm... seems appropriate (of course, I'm just saying this based on the name - I need to research the ability).

Glad to see the suggestion to add an -1 to the AI's activation roll made it! :p leure: :p leure: :p leure:

All in all, thanks! I'll download and check out the RR situation as there were some crossed wires between Pocus and myself. Whatever needs some addressing, I will do via a small set of patch files posted up in another thread. :sourcil:

SOURCIL!!

hattrick
Lieutenant

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:05 pm

Thanks Pocus and Ageod!! :hat:

Youre hard work is appreciated!! :fleurs:

GShock

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:39 pm

Hocus Pocus!

I honestly think i never saw a game where the devs are so focused on the community! Congrats to everyone for a job well done!

Meanwhile i was wondering...if a minirelease 1.06->1.07 contains such huge improvements what's lying ahead of us for 1.1 and/or 2.0 ?

Hobbes

Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:02 pm

It looks wonderful!!!!

Thanks very much,
Chris

runyan99

Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:03 pm

Pocus wrote:Sea regions are now blockaded by counting the number of elements (in combat ships), not the number of units.

Hooray!

Looks like a lot of other good changes as well. A significant improvement.

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:09 am

Ditto!! I love Pocus!! Larry (Tagwyn)

RobertViener
Civilian

lost sound with 1.07 beta

Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:29 am

Lost sound, both music and sound effects with the new patch. Vista premium, HP Pavillion, Intel core2 1.6 Ghz,2 mb ram, nvidia 256mb

Spindoc
Conscript

Lost Music with 1.07 beta

Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:51 am

No music with 1.07 but still have sound effects. Windows XP home on a Pentium D 256 Ghz. with nvidia 7800 GTX video card and SB Audigy 2 ZS sound card.

Pocus

Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:17 am

Is this sound problem general, who confirms he has sounds?

RobertViener & Spindoc, what was the last patch you ran? We switched to another sound library when 1.06 was released, so was your last games in 1.05 or 1.06?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Clovis

Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:48 am

Pocus wrote:Is this sound problem general, who confirms he has sounds?

RobertViener & Spindoc, what was the last patch you ran? We switched to another sound library when 1.06 was released, so was your last games in 1.05 or 1.06?

Music at start, then only sonud effects during game. Soundblaster 2 Windows XP MCE

another problem: position of some units on the map seems to be slightly off region. I noticed too at start of the april 1861 scenario some units which started in towns are now visible on the mapImage
Here's for Beauregard, US marine at Annapolis. McDowell position was the same before I tried to change it

Pocus

Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:59 am

Don't forget there is a delay on purpose between 2 music.

Yes I noticed the positionning. thanks.

Clovis

Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:32 am

Pocus wrote:Don't forget there is a delay on purpose between 2 music.

Yes I noticed the positionning. thanks.

I'm playing since 2 hours without music... :sourcil:

Another question: has change be made to the industrialization computation?

Clovis

Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:48 am

I don't understand this rail movement between York and Lancaster:

Gray_Lensman

Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:27 am

deleted

gbs
Colonel

Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:30 am

Whoops. I can't do screen shots but I had a detatchment set to move from Knoxville to Nashville. The route was across the mountains and was to take 41 days. I asked for rail movement and the time changed to 5 days but the route stayed the same and there were no tracks there. :tournepas

Gray_Lensman

Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:10 am

deleted

Clovis

Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:13 am

gbs wrote:Whoops. I can't do screen shots but I had a detatchment set to move from Knoxville to Nashville. The route was across the mountains and was to take 41 days. I asked for rail movement and the time changed to 5 days but the route stayed the same and there were no tracks there. :tournepas

Fastone capture...simple, powerful and cheap. I've yet to find an open source ou free program having the same qualities

Jabberwock

Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:36 am

Some transport bugs I've noticed already . . . The Ohio and Erie Canal is broken, at least between Erie & Meadville, possibly further; the B&O railroad has taken up its tracks in Allegany, PA & Pendleton WV; also the rails between Monroe, LA and Houston and along the west bank of the Mississippi river in Missouri are still operational. :(

On the other hand the James peninsula rail situation is now accurate, and I can invade New Orleans through Duras in style! :)

Also the new brown water blockade is wonderful! :D

Confirm the unit positioning issue. Default position for units in all regions has moved northeast.

I'm not being critical - It was a rushed beta. Just trying to help identify issues.

I especially appreciate the exported bombardment variables. I will try not to go too nuts with them when I get around to doing a mod.

Overall, great job! :coeurs:
[color="DimGray"] You deserve to be spanked[/color]

richfed

Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:34 am

On my Vista system, music and sounds are fine. I have methodically added each patch, so I know I do have the new sound library.

I did notice the NE offset in unit positions.

Also, Charleston Force & Suffolk Militia start the game INSIDE, where they used to be visible at the start. This is not an issue, just bringinging up the change in case it wasn't on purpose.

Is the initial Union Sumter garrison larger than it had been?
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

Gray_Lensman

Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:44 am

deleted

simovitch
Corporal

No Music but in-game sounds OK

Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:53 pm

No music during startup or during the game. All other in game sounds including battles are OK. My initial install was patch 1.06d and the music worked fine.

Windows XP SP2 Home. directx 9.0c

GShock

Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:22 pm

No music here either. WinMCE :)

Spindoc
Conscript

Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:37 pm

Was using patch 1.06d

RobertViener
Civilian

last game

Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:16 pm

Pocus, last game was in 1.06d.

Pocus

Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:10 pm

1.07 release candidate 2 has been uploaded, same link (but the splash screen will indicate rc2):

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/patch_AACW_v1.07.zip

fixed: no music at start, or error (index 33 out of bounds) linked to an error in the music loader.

fixed: stacks positionned with a shift.

For all matters regarding regions and travel time, please post in the other thread, and keep this one for the rest:

thread: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?p=45124#post45124

Big Muddy

Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:26 pm

[quote="Pocus"]1.07 release candidate 2 has been uploaded, same link (but the splash screen will indicate rc2)

i still get 1.06d at startup, what is everyone else getting.

RobertViener
Civilian

RC2 v1.07

Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:26 pm

Pocus, the game does not start with 1.07RC2 and I now cannot go back to 1.06d.

Big Muddy

Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:28 pm

RobertViener wrote:Pocus, the game does not start with 1.07RC2 and I now cannot go back to 1.06d.

how come

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”