Zoso
Conscript

Anyway to hide the units on the map?

Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:24 am

Some of the city names are blocked out by units. Anyway to hide the units so I can see the map?

Kotik
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:30 am

Move them inside the town and they "disappear" from the map.
"Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.

Hobbes

Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:14 am

CTRL-F4 will remove all units from the map. (See last patch notes for more details).

Pocus

Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:02 pm

The wiki could use a page with the list of shortcuts :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

SirMaru
Conscript

Use as reference map

Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:07 pm

Hobbes wrote:CTRL-F4 will remove all units from the map. (See last patch notes for more details).

Thanks for this hint. Now I can view the map as a reference without any units showing. I started one game as CSA and another as USA and saved both turns for the Campaign Game. I'm going to use this as a reference map when I read books about the Civil War.

I just need now some way to locate towns and battlefields with some search engine rather than having to manually look for them.

I cannot comprehend the game but totally enjoy the map.

Hobbes

Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:57 pm

Hi SirMaru, if you are struggling with the game you could try BoA first as it is a little easier to get into. AACW took me a few months to really get the hang of but it is well worth the effort - just like driving a car - it all falls into place and becomes second nature after a while.

I'm from the UK so I also struggled with the geography to start off with. While you are reading about the conflict print out a few of these maps - read them in the bath, in bed etc and you will soon get a good idea. I also made quite a few sceenshots of the map - printed these out and looked at them in above locations.
If you have any questions about the game please feel free to send me a PM.

http://www.dean.usma.edu/history/web03/atlases/american_civil_war/index.htm

http://www.americancivilwar.com/civil_war_map/

Cheers, Chris

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”