McNaughton

Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:31 am

After reading that post Rafki, I am somewhat wondering if the following should be done...

Remove the Army of the Potomac HQ under Beauregard.
Create the Army of the Shenendoah HQ under Johnston.

Since the AotP changed into a corps of the new AoNV, I basically see things as the Army of the Shenendoah 'merged' with the Army of the Potomac and changed into the Army of Northern Virginia. Either HQ represented would be 'valid'.

This might aid the process of the game's transition of HQ commanders, since Beauregard will be a Corps commander, and Johnston the Army commander (not vice versa).

Paul
Civilian

Is this a problem?

Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:37 am

Hi

Since downloading and installing the 1.06d patch last Monday (13 August) the following has been happening: When I play the game immediately after installing the patch I get the usual 'loading textures' etc on the bottom left of the black start up screen and the 'AACW 1.06d' on th bottom right. However after turning the computer off and then on again to play the game the above text is no longer there on the black start up screen. Is this a problem? I have tried re-installing the patch several times and the same thing happens, the text is there when I start up after loading and installing the patch and disappears after I have turned the computer off!

Confused of Somerset.

Cheers Paul

Pocus

Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:32 am

When you launch the game, do you see first the AGEOD logo then the AACW one, or only the AGEOD logo?

How the game is running despite this absence of text?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Paul
Civilian

Is this a problem?

Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:41 am

Pocus

I just get the AGEOD logo.

As far as I can tell it still runs OK but I am new to this game and still very much in the learning stage so might be missing things that I am not aware of.

Anyway thanks for a great game.

Cheers Paul

PBBoeye
General

Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:46 pm

It takes several minutes to load on my 2.4GB P4 machine w/ 1.25 GB RAM. Look in the lower left corner and you should see a status for the loading. At the end it says, 'loading data' for what seems quite a while.

Paul
Civilian

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:16 pm

Hi PBBoeye

I takes about one and a half to 2 minutes to load on my 3.00 GB P4, 1 GB RAM computer.

Basicall the sequence is this:

1.Install 1.06d patch, load game, and I get the 'loading data' and 'AACW 1.06d' at the bottom of the black start up screen.

2.Turn computer off.

3.Start up game again and the 'loading data' and 'AACW 1.06d' texts are missing from the start up screen.

I only get the texts by re-installing the patch and only until the next time I turn off the computer.

I guess the problem for me is that when I see the texts I am pretty sure the game has loaded as it should, but when I load the game and the texts are not there I am left wondering if the game is running correctly!

Cheers Paul

PBBoeye
General

Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:23 pm

Did you ever run any previous versions, or is this your first version of AACW?

That is crazy! :8o:

Pocus

Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:24 pm

Don't know what happens exactly, but I'm 99% sure that the game is fine, if you manage to open a turn as you seem to be able.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Ardie
Captain

Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:43 pm

The prisoner exchange is broken. When I have been able to exchange pows with the AI I get a text messages concerning foreign intervention.

Pocus

Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:05 am

Can you send me the current turn and previous, or alternatively the whole saved game. To phmalacher@gmail.com, until the ageod email server is fully on line.

richfed

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:12 pm

I don't get any message at all. Troops just appear as a turn progresses. I assume they are coming from a prisoner exchange, as this only seems to occur after I sign an agreement -- a few turns later, usually.

fremen
Colonel

Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:51 pm

Sorry to return to this issue again but....

Okay, the CSA Army had a Army of the Potomac like USA first in the war.
Someone pointed me that when Lee is activated in 62, the HQ Army change to Army of Northern Virginia.

I playing until Lee was activated and the main army in the east continue as "Army of the Potomac". May be i must create another HQ Unit or disolve the army and create again to "Army of Northern Virginia" appears????

Henry D.

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:04 pm

fremen wrote:Sorry to return to this issue again but....

Okay, the CSA Army had a Army of the Potomac like USA first in the war.
Someone pointed me that when Lee is activated in 62, the HQ Army change to Army of Northern Virginia.

I playing until Lee was activated and the main army in the east continue as "Army of the Potomac". May be i must create another HQ Unit or disolve the army and create again to "Army of Northern Virginia" appears????
I think You need to put Lee in Command of the army to trigger the change of name.

Regards, Henry
Henry D, also known as "Stauffenberg" @ Strategycon Interactive and formerly (un)known as "whatasillyname" @ Paradox Forums

"Rackers, wollt Ihr ewig leben?" (Rascals, Do You want to live forever?) - Frederick the Great, cursing at his fleeing Grenadiers at the battle of Kunersdorf

"Nee, Fritze, aber für fuffzehn Pfennije is' heute jenuch!" (No, Freddy, but for 15p let's call it a day!) - Retort of one passing Grenadier to the above :sourcil:

fremen
Colonel

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:18 pm

Ahhh, ok, i will try it, thanks Henry.

Pocus

Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:02 pm

The name won't spontaneously change, you have to dismiss then recreate the army in the same turn so that the name changes.

PBBoeye
General

Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:41 pm

Is this in the FAQ or documented somewhere? Because that right there is one ugly little routine - this army change name thing. :fleb:

Paul Roberts

Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:09 am

Is there an estimate on when the next patch will be out or what it will address? I'm holding off starting a new game.

Thanks!

saintsup
Captain

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:53 am

Paul Roberts wrote:Is there an estimate on when the next patch will be out or what it will address? I'm holding off starting a new game.

Thanks!

Same here !!

Pocus

Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:39 pm

before the end of week, 90% sure...

Any army name is recalculated when you dismiss and recreate it, by taking the free army name which has its place of creation closest to where you are. So this is not a special case here.

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”