Pocus

---> AACW 1.04 Patch <---

Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:07 pm

Dear players,

The AACW 1.04 update is ready. Thanks for all reports from players, this helped us much these days. As usual, if you get something weird or a plain bug, please report, this will be appreciated.

The link is the usual one, set in the Permanent Files Library (or in my sig):

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/latest/AACW_Patch.zip

The entries in green have been added between the beta patch and the the official version:

==============================================================================
AGEod's American Civil War Update 1.04 Readme
Tuesday, June 12, 2007

This patch contains all changes since the start.
You can continue a saved game created before the patch. Most entry will apply, but not all.

Bugs Fixes
fixed: Units won't be disbanded (partisans and militia), if they have a leader embedded (Quantrill + 1 partisan for example)
fixed: A corps loaded on a fleet will revert to independent status.
fixed: Besieged units can't destroy rails in the region they are in.
fixed: Bombarding an unit will unfix them.
fixed: Norfolk harbor could not be blockaded (erroneous calculation in the blockade algorithm)
fixed: Some brigades would not split correctly if they had a leader.
fixed: A bug in the training procedure has been fixed.
fixed: Duplicate ship names should not happen anymore.

AI
AI processing time has been reduced by 40% !

User Interface Improvements and Additions
The frozen swamp image did not appears.
Militia upgrading to regular will show the correct unit image.
Divisions now remember for each embedded brigades what was their initial regiments allocation.
Bombardment now shows the real number of hits inflicted upon the other side, not the base number.

Game Play, Rules Additions and Changes
Elements now lose 2 cohesion points when firing, not 1 (units will be exhausted sooner)
Retreat path calculation improved, taking account military control and the presence of friendly structure. (to be further improved)
Wounded leader can take from 1 to 6 turns to recover, not just one (they are locked to show they are recovering)
Units inside structures are always considered gaining cohesion as if they are in Passive Posture.

New set of options for the Delayed Commit Rule (Options|Gameplay window), you can now tweak from 'no delay' to 'long delay'. A long delay can means that two forces meeting in offensive posture in a region can be unable to trigger combat for the whole turn (with some bad dice rolls...). Ask if you want the variables exported for modding.

New set of options (Options|Gameplay window), called Naval Boxes Handling, which can allow you to play a simplified blockade game with less micro-managing. The standard (and default option) don't change anything. The others options will let the ships stay at sea indefinitively unless damaged by the opponent, but they will have a reduced effectivness while in the naval box (abstracted way to show the need to go to an harbor for resupplying purpose).

Ships now cost conscript, money and war supplies to repair. No more free, abusive, bombardment of CSA forts...

All artilleries firing on ships will deal +33% damages, while ships while do -25% damages. All coastal artilleries hits doubled, with 1 added protection point.
Further improved weather pattern. Higher elevation terrains will now always be as colder as a lower terrain, for the same area (ie if there is snow in plains, there can be only snow or blizzard in mountains).

CSA now has a slight VP advantage per turn in 1861, forcing the Union to act to quell the rebellion. Reminder: Having more VP than the other can favor Foreign Intervention (as having a morale higher than the opponent).

Each unit and leader in a battle can now gain some experience, depending of the duration of the battle. Hitting an enemy regiment will also give some experience. Generals can also gain some seniority just by being present in several battles.

Only lines units (not supports) can destroy a depot or fortification.

Scenarios/setups Additions and Changes
The Confederate Savannah (big) garrison is not longuer fixed permanently.
Buell event had a bug in the script.
Partisans will not longuer be dismissed each turn. The roll is now at the end of the year.
US Garrison are now full from the start.
Three harbors added in Arkansas: Little Rock, Smith, Malvern.
13 regions have lost their railroads:

464 - Boone, WV
465 - Kanawha, WV
471 - Mercer, WV
472 - Crawford, WV
474 - Greenbrier, WV
553 - Wayne, KY
554 - Pulaski, KY
566 - Overton, TN
567 - Fentress, TN
568 - Scott, TN
587 - Smith, TN
588 - Cannon, TN
589 - Putnam, TN

Tennessee militia upped to 12 for the CS.

90 days Volunteers event reworked (brigades are not removed but USA pay 100 conscript companies as men a returning home)

CSS Alabama and CSS Florida should be properly fixed.

After Kentucky invasion, the other side will not suffer from a loyalty hit if he 'invades' too.

Data tweaks and changes
All infantry brigades can now accept a leader.
Confederate side had duplicate ships entry in the buying interface.
AP Hills rank was erroneous in the database
Naval Artillery strengthened much (see Gameplay changes)
Canton MS, had a linking bug.
50+ leader bios officially added (tooltip on their portrait in the Element Detail Window). Thanks to all volunteers for this work.

Modding support
8 variables exported to the ACW\Settings\Combats.opt file, so to tweak battle results:

cbtHitCoef = 150 // is the % chance, in 1/100 (meaning 1.5% here) to hit the enemy, for each final firepower point.
cbtAsltCoef = 50 // same, but for assault
cbtMinToHit = 5 // is the minimum % to hit someone (rising this value help the side with the lower quality units)
cbtNbRoundsPerDay = 6 // Number of rounds per day
cbtProtCoef = 90 // coefficient (in 1/100) for each protection point (3 pts = 0.9 x 0.9 x 0.9 damages sustained)
cbtLeaderBonus = 5 // % bonus for each point of stat of the stack leader
cbtUnitLeaderBonus = 3 // % bonus for each point of stat of the unit leader
cbtLdrCasuDiceSides = 500 // Nb of sides for the casualty dice for rank 1 leaders, at the end of combat (twice as low for rank 2, rank 3 excluded)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

runyan99

Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:36 pm

Whoa. There is a new button called 'Enable Divisionnal Command for this leader'. Is that supposed to be there already?

I cannot get the button to do anything though.

Pocus

Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:44 pm

ah, no this is in work. ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

runyan99

Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:54 pm

You might want to move the button from the movement tab to the command tab, though.

flintlock
Captain

Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:33 pm

The reduced AI processing time is a gift from the Gods!

Thank you Pocus, et al. :coeurs:

Hell Patrol
Lieutenant

Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:14 pm

Nice work :sourcil: . Many Thanks...

Hobbes

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:44 pm

I notice quite a few division stacks do not show what units are contained (apart from the leader and HQ) unless they are disbanded then recreated.

Happy to send example if required. I am playing as Union, turn 1, Western 1862 scenario.

EDIT: I have now posted this under the 1862 west scenario on the beta forum
as I think it could be a scenario issue.

Cheers, Chris

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:05 pm

Once again amazing work. Now, once again I have to wait till work is done, before I can go home and test. Man I hate waiting.

aryaman

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:25 pm

I have noticed that on some regions in which reailroads have been deleted, although railroad is not draw showed you still can move by rail and destroy the raillines. for instance in Scott TN
Another minor thing, Blockade Runner Florie shows up in France instead of Southern Port.

gbs
Colonel

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:33 pm

aryaman wrote:I have noticed that on some regions in which reailroads have been deleted, although railroad is not draw showed you still can move by rail and destroy the raillines. for instance in Scott TN
Another minor thing, Blockade Runner Florie shows up in France instead of Southern Port.

I think what you mention about the regions where rail lines were deleted is NO minor issue.

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:41 pm

I think it affects game already running... Does it affect new games under the patch ?

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:54 pm

The rail deletions seem to work fine under a new game, or at least they do not provide rail through those areas. I will try a old save and see what that does when I get home.

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:17 pm

Another minor note...I have beaucoup newly recruited Tennessee brigades all named 2nd Tennessee.

Pocus

Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:49 pm

yes, you need to restart the game to have the rails really disappears and not only graphically. If you are in an important game, I can give you the procedure to do the change yourself in the saved game.

Duplicate unit names: just saw that this afternoon, I will provide you with a quick 1.04a within a couple hours.

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:53 pm

As always Pocus, we cannot thank you enough for your quick responses and fixes for issues. :coeurs:

Toten
Private

Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:57 pm

Has anyone else noticed that the blockade options don't seem to be working properly? I have the standard rule option selected in a new 61 campaign (Confederate) and I haven't had to send my ships back to port for resupply for over a year.

Pocus

Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:34 pm

New 1.04a uploaded, same link as usual:

Fixed partisans disbanded erroneously oftentime. Only apply to new games*

Fixed duplicate names problems on unit creation.

Fixed Blockade Option not working properly (endless supply)

For the first entry, if you are in PBEM, ask in the Mod for War forum how to fix your current game. The two others entries apply dynamically.

Pocus

Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:36 pm

Doomwalker wrote:As always Pocus, we cannot thank you enough for your quick responses and fixes for issues. :coeurs:

Hey, that our job, we can't thank you enough for being such nice customers, so that we can live making games :hat:

aryaman

Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:42 pm

Pocus wrote:yes, you need to restart the game to have the rails really disappears and not only graphically. If you are in an important game, I can give you the procedure to do the change yourself in the saved game.

I am currently playing several PBEM games, so I would be grateful if you can give me that procedure.

Pocus

Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:49 pm

see the Mod of War forum then I will post the procedure.

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:00 pm

Pocus, I know that is your job, but I have played several games in the past and one right now in particular that their is no support. I am just happy that you guys are this active in support of your product. Once again Thank You for the wonderfull support.

Chamberlain
Captain

Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:38 pm

I just installed V1.04a

I started a new campaign (1863), selected the Union. I exited the game, went back in to reload the game, but now there are 2 1863 Campaigns, a Union (should be the one I started) and a Confederate Campaign (Same start time as the Union). I deleted the Confederate Campaign & both were deleted. I exited the game, restarted the game with the same result. Both a Union & Confederate Campaign showed up. It is as if I selected both of them.

Chamberlain

Montbrun
Major

Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:43 pm

Chamberlain wrote:I just installed V1.04a

I started a new campaign (1863), selected the Union. I exited the game, went back in to reload the game, but now there are 2 1863 Campaigns, a Union (should be the one I started) and a Confederate Campaign (Same start time as the Union). I deleted the Confederate Campaign & both were deleted. I exited the game, restarted the game with the same result. Both a Union & Confederate Campaign showed up. It is as if I selected both of them.

Chamberlain

It's always been like that, until you actually play a turn, and save it.

iceboy
Corporal

Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:49 pm

Pocus wrote:New 1.04a uploaded, same link as usual:

Fixed partisans disbanded erroneously oftentime. Only apply to new games*

Fixed duplicate names problems on unit creation.

Fixed Blockade Option not working properly (endless supply)

For the first entry, if you are in PBEM, ask in the Mod for War forum how to fix your current game. The two others entries apply dynamically.

Hi Pocus there is still some rail in Anderson Region next to Knoxville going into the town of Clinton...

Chamberlain
Captain

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:04 pm

Montbrun wrote:It's always been like that, until you actually play a turn, and save it.

Oops!!!! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Makes sense, as I had not saved the game at that point in time....

Chamberlain

jimwinsor
General of the Army

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:20 pm

iceboy wrote:Hi Pocus there is still some rail in Anderson Region next to Knoxville going into the town of Clinton...

Thats a good historic rail; that spur line got as far north as Clinton.

iceboy
Corporal

Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:23 am

jimwinsor wrote:Thats a good historic rail; that spur line got as far north as Clinton.

Ah did not know that thanks!

Pocus

Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:32 am

except if a bug, for matters regarding the rail net or the weather (requests to changes data), put your remarks in the corresponding thread, this would be easier for us.

DEL
Corporal

Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:55 am

I just started using 1.04a and for the first time I have been getting a Critical Error at the end of turn 1 playing as CSA july 61. After the crash, I can load the same game and continue playing with no problem so far. I'm sending the saved game folder and main game log. Please let me know if you get it.

Thank you

JB Hood
Corporal

leader bio´s

Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:56 am

they won´t show up

click on the portrait: "LDR_TXT_CSA_FLOYD"

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”