gbs
Colonel

Pocus...wondering whats next..

Thu May 31, 2007 3:28 pm

I know you are busy but if you have a chance could you give a little detail on what you have concentrated your efforts on for the next patch. Thanks.

Pocus

Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:31 am

the main entry will be for the AI: +40% turn processing speed!

How the AI think has not be modified though, so she will have the same problems as before with some big stacks under commanded, but this will be one of the next thing to be worked. Add to that the regular demands (always justified, otherwise we would not do them :) ) on user interface improvements and some refinements to gameplay rules, and it means 100% of my time for AACW. ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Rafiki

Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:41 am

Pocus wrote:the main entry will be for the AI: +40% turn processing speed!

[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:13 pm

Please tell me you meant -40% processing time. I would hate to know that you are working a patch to add more time to the AI turn processing. :tournepas

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:16 pm

That's what he meant: Turns should now be processed more quickly thanks to code optimisation. We felt this should please our customers who love to play solo against Athena the AI.

Best regards,

Korrigan
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:33 pm

Sweet, I look forward to its release. Speaking of, any idea as to when that will be?

Spharv2

Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:56 pm

Doomwalker wrote:Please tell me you meant -40% processing time. I would hate to know that you are working a patch to add more time to the AI turn processing. :tournepas

hehe...he didn't say +40% time, he said +40% speed. No worries. :)

flintlock
Captain

Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:19 pm

Upcoming changes, as always, sound great! :sourcil:

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:00 pm

Pocus: Welcome back!! We love you and your wonderful company. Faster speeds please. How come my river gunboats sit quietly while Rebel steamers are all over the river? Larry3

goodwood
Lieutenant

Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:48 pm

tagwyn wrote:Pocus: Welcome back!! We love you and your wonderful company. Faster speeds please. How come my river gunboats sit quietly while Rebel steamers are all over the river? Larry3

Tagwyn, a little off topic, but did you get that western scenario going?
Ron
Happily Grumpy:siffle:

Big Muddy

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:42 am

only 40%, that's it :cool: , can't wait.

Pocus

Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:04 am

+40% speed is big, believe me optimization is a real pain in the rear work :)

update for wednesday (in beta patch format) if things goes well.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

goodwood
Lieutenant

Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:46 am

Pocus wrote:+40% speed is big, believe me optimization is a real pain in the rear work :)

update for wednesday (in beta patch format) if things goes well.

Good lad, should be more like u in this industry, I tip me lid to ya :hat:
Happily Grumpy:siffle:

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:41 pm

Pocus: Are you planning to kill off certain generals: Jackson, Lyons, Johnston, et. al. This does not comport with your determination to give gamers a certain situation and then let us deal with it as best we can. True, certain generals might meet their Maker under that scenario, but so be it!! You shoud not kill them gratuitiously. Do you think? What if Lee/Grant/Sherman get killed!! What if Sheridan or Forrest get killed? Whiat happens! Don't do it!!! Let it happen Naturaly. Please. L3

runyan99

Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:44 pm

tagwyn wrote:Pocus: Are you planning to kill off certain generals: Jackson, Lyons, Johnston, et. al.

Where is this coming from? Nobody ever said any such thing. I don't know what you are going on about.

rickd79
Colonel

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:05 pm

Van Dorn (CSA) and Sickles (USA) are the only generals that can be "killed off" by a scripted event. Just to clarify, this is not certain (only a % chance)....so it may happen, it may not.

(Historically, Van Dorn was murdered by a jealous husband. Sickles was involved in enough shady situations where something similar certainly would have been a possibility.)

I believe there are a couple other situations in the game where generals can be removed. Breckinridge comes to mind, due to a "political controversy" or something similar.
None of the "all-stars" like Lee, Jackson, Grant, or Sherman are removed this way.

denisonh
Captain

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:12 pm

rickd79 wrote:Van Dorn (CSA) and Sickles (USA) are the only generals that can be "killed off" by a scripted event. Just to clarify, this is not certain (only a % chance)....so it may happen, it may not.

(Historically, Van Dorn was murdered by a jealous husband. Sickles was involved in enough shady situations where something similar certainly would have been a possibility.)

I believe there are a couple other situations in the game where generals can be removed. Breckinridge comes to mind, due to a "political controversy" or something similar.
None of the "all-stars" like Lee, Jackson, Grant, or Sherman are removed this way.

Don't forget Porter, he can get cashiered in an event called "miscarriage of Justice", and take a division with him if he is in command! :p leure:

Pocus

Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:06 am

we added 2-3 events removing generals because of matters external to the war, but for flavor not because we believe a general killed at a given date should be removed from play. So no, you won't have historical death dates for generals in our games.

Doomwalker
Brigadier General

Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:00 pm

Is there a list on the forums that shows all the "hidden" stuff in the game; for example: Buildable Railroad (I could have sworn I saw somewhere that certain railroads could be built), and Generals deaths as suggested above?

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”