gbs
Colonel

Next patch or update....

Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:46 pm

From the many post claiming that this or that issue has been addressed in the next patch, I take it that the update will be a big and important one. Has there been any indication when to expect it and some specifics as to what it will include? Just curious.

Pocus

Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:39 am

this day, if possible.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

dave
Private

Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:11 am

any chance of a hint of what we might get in the patch pocus??

please!!!

:niark:

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:17 am

No new contents as such, this patch will fix stuffs that have been reported by the community (cf: "Technical support" and "Help to improve AACW" threads. New contents and AI optimisation will really begin once things will be right. New campaigns are under development too.

Note to BoA players: You can expect a new BoA patch in the coming weeks. :indien:
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Pocus

Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:22 am

slight edit, a bit of a new content, for the user interface (I'm not as overwhelm as people think by bugs :) ). As soon as the requests diminish on it (the UI), AI developement will resume.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Franciscus

Conspiracy revealed !!!

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:32 am

I think I found it !!!
"Pocus" does not exist ! :D
This guy posts several messages almost every hour of the day. In the last 3 days sent me personally 1 or 2 mails a day. And we must believe also that he is playing the game, programing and making more than one patch a week, and even sleeping, etc.

So: I say that "Pocus" is really a cover for 20 or more South Corean programmers, all busy making and improving this great game ! :bonk:

Rafiki

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:40 am

In any case, this "Pocus" has gone quiet lately, so I suspect he/she/they is/are putting the finishing touces on the patch Image

(Or so one can at least hope, can't one? :) )

Snoob
Sergeant

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:59 am

Hmm, what a tantalizing thought. A patch. Faces for my generals. More tweaking and improvements. The need to restart to take advantage of all this goodness from turn one...Oh, will you quit churning out those patches?

Seriously, the level of support is amazing. I hope AGEod never becomes a "major" developer and I mean this in the nicest possible way. I hope AACW sells like hot, yummy cakes but you guys stay the same.

gbs
Colonel

Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:01 pm

I agree exactly with what you are saying. Remember what happened to the Battlefront guys, Steve and Charles. They even published a manifesto against the big publishers on their site and that is exactly what they have become. They were always available on their forums with information and news which was great stuff. Now, I have gone from checking their website 4 or 5 times a day to once every three months.
Sorry. I know this rant doesn't belong here but I have wanted to say that for quite a while. Right now AGEOD is the BEST!

Gargoyle

Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:08 pm

Pocus wrote:this day, if possible.

When you issue the patch will it allow saves to be continued? Or will a fresh start be required?

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:16 pm

As a general rule, saves are always compatible. :cwboy:
If, one day, a giant update of the engine would not make this possible, we'd make it very clear before.

eg: The BoA 2.0 extension won't be compatible with BoA 1.xx games.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

pasternakski
Colonel

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:52 pm

When will the fabled missing leader portraits be available? I know this is a little thing and gameplay is not affected, but I keep getting the vaguely uncomfortable feeling that I'm leading Zulu impi around all over North America...

flintlock
Captain

Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:36 am

pasternakski wrote:When will the fabled missing leader portraits be available?

See this thread.

pasternakski
Colonel

Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:38 am

flintlock wrote:See this thread.

:niark:

C'mon, Dude, I was the guy who posted the first "losing face" joke.

flintlock
Captain

Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:12 am

The question was answered within that very thread, by PhilThib.

Since you asked:
pasternakski wrote:When will the fabled missing leader portraits be available?

I assumed you missed the answer directly above your post, which read:
PhilThib wrote:we hope to have some in the coming weeks

Just trying to point you in the direction of an answer to your question.

pasternakski
Colonel

Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:36 am

flintlock wrote:Just trying to point you in the direction of an answer to your question.

Saw it when posted. Was here looking for more recent and precise information...

Pocus

Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:56 am

Ok, I see you want details :)

I got a phone call from the artist in charge, she had to relocate, her flat being inundated... She should move back within one week. Add then 3 weeks so that the 107 portraits are made, and this makes one month delay.

Snoob
Sergeant

Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:31 am

@ the man who never sleeps (aka Pocus)

See, now you've gone and spoiled us...

...one month sounds like a lifetime compared to how fast you've been updating AACW.

Still, it's good to know. Thanks for the update :)

rasnell
Major

Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:32 am

Her artwork, in both of your games, is what makes everything about the maps, interface and units so spectacular.

I really love the box of figures where the reinforcements and replacements are because it shows such a love for the roots of board games with the pieces. The art for that is really nice.

FlyingElvis
Private

Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:31 am

rasnell wrote:Her artwork, in both of your games, is what makes everything about the maps, interface and units so spectacular.

I really love the box of figures where the reinforcements and replacements are because it shows such a love for the roots of board games with the pieces. The art for that is really nice.

I agree. I love the boardgame style artwork. :coeurs:

flintlock
Captain

Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:01 pm

The board game look is definitely captured very nicely (not an easy thing to do). The art used in BoA and AACW is very well suited for these types of strategy games. I can't help but wonder how nice EU3 could have looked. :sourcil:

Pocus

Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:12 pm

Actually this is not Sandra who will finish the generals, she has others projects underway, but Juliet (and she is her who got her flat inundated).

I love the wood cases too, remind me of a collection of tin soldiers somehow.

rasnell
Major

Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:24 pm

For a small, independent company, you're lucky to have TWO fantastic artists. I was only aware of Sandra. Congrats to Juliet for her work, too.

pasternakski
Colonel

Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:07 pm

Thanks for the information, Pocus. I was not being impatient, just curious.

I second the high praise for the artwork in BoA and AACW. Not only are these gorgeous games, they blend attractiveness and functionality in a most satisfactory way.

But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the East, and Juliet is the sun!

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”