MarkShot

My noob question thread

Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:18 am

Okay, don't laugh! I was with AGEOD since 2006 as the Business Advisor (now retired), but except for the original BOA, I did not play the games. However, I am fulfilling something which I always wanted to do which is play AACW.

Here goes:

Is there a way to locate a region or city? It's a big map and my geography could be better.

Thanks!

Captain_Orso

Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:19 am

To find a region press <Cntl><f> opens a small window in which you start typing the name of the region for which you are searching. While you type you will get a list of the regions matching what you have typed up to that point. Once only one region is left the map navigates automatically to that region. Press <Enter> to remain in that region.

You cannot search for a city with <Cntl><f>, but you can use Google™ Maps of course ;)

Have fun :D

MarkShot

Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:26 am

Ah, thanks. I thought I had seen something like that in BOA and wasn't imagining it. But at my age you never know ... maybe it had been in CIV!

MarkShot

Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:25 pm

If I place a check on SLEEP MODE, then will the game compute a turn while it is minimized? I don't have the World's fastest PC these days, but I do have four processors with one dedicated just for running games. Also, I set the game not to pause for battles and such. So, I am thinking that I can go do something else during long turn computations.

Thanks.

MarkShot

Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:26 pm

Nevermind. I checked this and it works like a charm. Giving life to an old PC. Hmm ... perhaps, I might even be able to try other more resource intensive AGEOD games.

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”