godfather
Private

Diffrence between brigade with multiple elements vs one element

Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:35 am

When recruiting I have the option of buying a brigade with two or more elements. E.g, I can buy one brigade with two infantry and one cav element. Is there any difference If bought two Inf regiments with one element each and 1 cav regiment. There are the same number of elements as the brigade but divided into regiments...or am I missing something?

Jim-NC

Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:19 pm

Generally, the pre-built brigades cost less in terms of CP (command points). Also, you don't have a large pool of single regiment infantry units. You can't combine single element brigades into larger ones (each brigade is created with a certain OOB, and that can't be changed). You can add single regiments to existing brigades that are missing elements.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

planefinder
Lieutenant

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:58 pm

Jim-NC wrote:Generally, the pre-built brigades cost less in terms of CP (command points). Also, you don't have a large pool of single regiment infantry units. You can't combine single element brigades into larger ones (each brigade is created with a certain OOB, and that can't be changed). You can add single regiments to existing brigades that are missing elements.

Absolutely true, but what about militia? You can at times combine two militia regiments into a two regiment brigade. Also, divisions have a cap on max number of units and it's less than max number of elements (18), so buying larger units help. Additionally, when buying single element brigades and incorporating into divisions, if the brigade loses that element, the brigade is lost and will not be replaced.

godfather
Private

Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:18 am

thanks!

colonel hurst
Corporal

Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:35 pm

As the USA, it is better to build your divisions piece by piece instead of using the brigades that come with the 6lb artillery pieces. There will be a few elite brigades that appear which I like to build divisions around. Usually these will consist of around 4 infantry and a sharpshooter(the Philadelphia Brigade is one that appears pretty early in the game). Then you just need to include a single cavalry, pick the artillery you want(I usually go with one 12lb, two 10lb, and one 20lb) and then fill in the rest of the division with the single or double infantry units.

You can do this as the CSA as well, but on a much more limited basis.

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”