Overparduffer
Conscript

Keeping up with new units

Mon May 13, 2013 1:18 am

So is there an easy way to keep up with all the new units you can produce as the Union. When I create 2 or 3 large divisions in one turn it becomes very difficult keeping up with where they were created. I've actually resorted to taking notes on a piece of paper but I wasn't sure if some of the roster filters could be used to help instead?

Jim-NC

Mon May 13, 2013 3:18 am

Welcome to the forums.

The roster doesn't keep a log of what you built. I find that paper and pencil are the best way of keeping track of units purchased to build a division. One advantage is that the different units have different build times, and thus will be ready at different times.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Captain_Orso

Mon May 13, 2013 7:49 am

I use a spreadsheet to plan:
  • which units to build for a future division
  • when they were purchased
  • where they were raised
  • when they are completed
  • if they are still traveling to their division

Jerzul
Captain

Tue May 14, 2013 3:18 pm

I use both paper and geographic building as the Union.

For instance I'll build an entire division in New England. Or for the Trans Miss I'll build in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri (with some art from IL). For the West (west) IL and WI, for the West (East) OH, MI, & KY. For the East, all of the other states.

Just find a system that works for you.
I have heard, in such a way as to believe it, of your recently saying that both the army and the government needed a dictator. Of course it was not for this, but in spite of it, that I have given you the command. Only those generals who gain success can be dictators. What I now ask of you is military success, and I will risk the dictatorship.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1863, in a letter to Major General Joseph Hooker.

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”