jennison
Sergeant

Enemy force stuck in Richmond?

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Sorry if this issue has been posted elsewhere, I couldn't find it if it has.

See attached screen. The Union force (or maybe its just a general) has been sitting in Richmond for the last several turns, probably 10 or so. Richmond is not showing as besieged and no matter what I do, he won't leave. I have tried all attack stances with my forces, yet the game treats him like he's not there.

Bug? Or something I'm missing?
Attachments
prob.jpg

Jim-NC

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:46 pm

He is a lone General. They are very hard to spot, catch and kill. You may need more cavalry to actually be able to attack him. We usually outlaw this sort of behavior in PBEMs, but Athena does it every so often.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jennison
Sergeant

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:55 pm

Ah, that must be it because I don't have any cavalry in or around Richmond.. It's probably time to send JEB in to punish him... :)

Thanks for your help.

jennison
Sergeant

Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:20 pm

He won't leave! :mdr:

I have JEB's whole cav division in Richmond, setting them to attack stance every turn, and the Union general still just sits there.. Very odd. Either way its not a deal breaker for me, just kind of annoying.

Jim-NC

Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Unfortunately, he seems to have found something to keep his interest. Maybe it's the local women? ;)
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:49 pm

You can't catch lone generals iirc. You can load up Athena's turn and move him yourself if you want.

exar83
Private

Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:17 am

Maybe it's the local women?

The only thing better than Southern girls is Mid-Western ones :)

And no, you can not kill lone commanders.

Captain_Orso

Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:38 pm

The only thing you can try that might have an effect on lone leader(s) scouting in your region would be to have a cavalry regiment outside of that region targeting to intercept that leader.

Lone leaders have two affects in the game, that I know of. They allow your opponent, Athena I would hope in this case, some lifting of FOW, which in general probably shouldn't affect you directly.

The other can affect you in certain situations. Lone leaders have a patrol value of 1. In regions neighboring enemy regions in which you have little or no MC you can be blocked from entering those enemy regions by one or more lone leaders through their cumulative patrol value.

In this case when you select your stack in such a region one or more neighboring regions will be overlaid in red and you will see the red ((i)) icon in the Force Display. The tool-tip of the red ((i)) icon will tell you the patrol value of enemy units in that region and your evasion value plus the MC in neighboring regions you need to enter them.

Look here: Explain Zone of Control... for further explanation.

jennison
Sergeant

Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks for all the info everyone. I'll try a couple more things as suggested. I'll move him myself if I have to. ;)

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:51 pm

I have seen this myself. Very odd, especially that it could be used for spotting.

DrPostman

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:13 pm

I've gotten rid of lone leaders on occasions with cavalry but it doesn't always work. Its strange, and I
bet it won't work in reverse (sending a loan leader around to spy). If it did what a great way to use
really crappy leaders.

Grant: General Howard, we have a mission for you
Howard: Great! No one seems to want to put me to use
Grant: Oliver, its dangerous
Howard: I don't care, anything to erase this "Uh-Oh Howard" crap! What Corps do I command?
Grant: Sorry, not a Corps this time. We've tried that twice, remember?
Howard: Yea, sorry 'bout that.
Grant: We want you to wander around Southern VA and Northern NC and investigate the Confederate works there.
Howard: A reconnaissance in force?
Grant: No
Howard: A cavalry raid? I like horses!
Grant: No, a spying mission.
Howard: Hmm, so I'll be working with the Pinkertons then?
Grant: Sorry, we have other needs for them.
Howard: Then I'll be by myself?!?!?
Grant: Correct!
Howard: Uh-Oh!!!
"Ludus non nisi sanguineus"

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”