B0rn_C0nfused
Sergeant

General Question

Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:06 am

Two Questions:

1)When you get a battle report. At the bottom one of the categories is something like "how many of your units routed during the battle".
I had heard in a lets play that those units are lost? Is that true?

Can anybody confirm or deny this? Thanks in advance

2)My second question is invading Kentucky. If you move friendly elements from outside Kentucky into Kentucky to a friendly city. Such as Union troops to Louisville, Confederate troops to Lexington etc. Does that count as violating Kentucky's neutrality/invading Kentucky?

Thanks in advance.

Captain_Orso

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:03 am

B0rn_C0nfused wrote:1)When you get a battle report. At the bottom one of the categories is something like "how many of your units routed during the battle".
I had heard in a lets play that those units are lost? Is that true?

Elements that are routed will no longer take part in the current battle. They are not automatically destroyed. If your entire stack retreats, depending on how many good-order cavalry each side has, units can be pursued, which causes them to take hit and can destroy them.
B0rn_C0nfused wrote:2)My second question is invading Kentucky. If you move friendly elements from outside Kentucky into Kentucky to a friendly city. Such as Union troops to Louisville, Confederate troops to Lexington etc. Does that count as violating Kentucky's neutrality/invading Kentucky?

Only the campaigns with neutral Kentucky have special rules for entering Kentucky.

Basically, at the beginning of either campaign neither side my enter Kentucky. Starting with August '61 either side may purchase a nominal invade-Kentucky-service-unit for $1, which allows them to invade Kentucky. The turn after purchasing that unit both sides my enter Kentucky, but the side which did not purchase the 'invade-Kentucky-service-unit' will have all the units it moves into Kentucky in that turn decimated by having their strength and cohesion reduced by 90%. The second turn after Kentucky was invaded there is no penalty for moving into Kentucky.

The side not invading Kentucky will receive more Kentucky units, units in the build pool, territory and loyalty than otherwise.

Both sides can invade Kentucky at the same time, but once you get the message that your opponent has decided to invade Kentucky -- purchased the invade-Kentucky-service-unit -- you can no longer purchase one yourself and should wait for the next turn to enter Kentucky when you will get a message saying the your troops have rallied to Kentucky's assistance.

There is a chance that Kentucky decide to ally itself with the Union or the Confederacy on its own -- about 60% pro Confederacy -- plus if you move to many "units" -- not elements -- adjacent to Kentucky there is a chance that Kentucky will feel threatened and side with your enemy.

If by November '61 neither side has invaded Kentucky and Kentucky has not yet sided with either side it will now chose a side, with about 60% chance for the Confederacy.

That's it in a nutshell.

B0rn_C0nfused
Sergeant

Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:14 am

Captain_Orso wrote:Elements that are routed will no longer take part in the current battle. They are not automatically destroyed. If your entire stack retreats, depending on how many good-order cavalry each side has, units can be pursued, which causes them to take hit and can destroy them.

Only the campaigns with neutral Kentucky have special rules for entering Kentucky.

Basically, at the beginning of either campaign neither side my enter Kentucky. Starting with August '61 either side may purchase a nominal invade-Kentucky-service-unit for $1, which allows them to invade Kentucky. The turn after purchasing that unit both sides my enter Kentucky, but the side which did not purchase the 'invade-Kentucky-service-unit' will have all the units it moves into Kentucky in that turn decimated by having their strength and cohesion reduced by 90%. The second turn after Kentucky was invaded there is no penalty for moving into Kentucky.

The side not invading Kentucky will receive more Kentucky units, units in the build pool, territory and loyalty than otherwise.

Both sides can invade Kentucky at the same time, but once you get the message that your opponent has decided to invade Kentucky -- purchased the invade-Kentucky-service-unit -- you can no longer purchase one yourself and should wait for the next turn to enter Kentucky when you will get a message saying the your troops have rallied to Kentucky's assistance.

There is a chance that Kentucky decide to ally itself with the Union or the Confederacy on its own -- about 60% pro Confederacy -- plus if you move to many "units" -- not elements -- adjacent to Kentucky there is a chance that Kentucky will feel threatened and side with your enemy.

If by November '61 neither side has invaded Kentucky and Kentucky has not yet sided with either side it will now chose a side, with about 60% chance for the Confederacy.

That's it in a nutshell.

So the 61 full 2 theater campaign that starts in April. Does that follow this rule set? What is the difference between the full 2 theater campaign, and the full campaign w/Kentucky?

Captain_Orso

Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:07 am

B0rn_C0nfused wrote:So the 61 full 2 theater campaign that starts in April. Does that follow this rule set?
Nope, that's the original official campaign in which Kentucky starts in April '61 having it's territory divided between Union and CS MC, but is otherwise treated like any other state.
B0rn_C0nfused wrote:What is the difference between the full 2 theater campaign, and the full campaign w/Kentucky?
w/Kentucky is short for "with neutral Kentucky". This is the one you're looking for.

There are also 2 '61 campaigns starting in July. One is "with neutral Kentucky" and the other .... wait for it .... -wait-for-it- .... isn't :w00t:

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”