B0rn_C0nfused
Sergeant

I'm Alive!!!!!!!!!

Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:05 am

I just wanted to say hey to the Ageod AACW community. :bonk:

Also, I've only completed a few of the full campaign games, but I was wondering if anybody would like to PBEM? Also, if somebody could explain to me how the whole process works and what the typical settings are for such a game, that would be grand!!! Ty all. Look forward to hearing from fellow enthusiasts and making some friends along the way :cool: .

Captain_Orso

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi B0rn_C0nfused and welcome to the forums! :wavey:

There is a section of the forums specifically for looking for PBEM opponents: PBEM and multiplayer matchups (all games) Post a thread there with the specifics of what your preferences are and have fun :)

As far as what possibilities there are from which to chose, I put this together to have a full list of my preference. Your mileage may vary:

Settings -> Media
Regroup Armies: X
[INDENT]If enabled, at the end of each turn, the armies are stacked together in each region (but are not merged together). This is determined my the hosting player's settings.[/INDENT]

Settings -> Game
Use Fog of War X
[INDENT]Fog of War will prevent undetected units from being seen by the enemy.[/INDENT]
Activation Rule: -X-
  1. = commanders will always be able to move their forces, even if not activated.
  2. = land forces will have a large movement and combat penalty if the stack commander is not activated.
  3. = land forces with a non activated commander have a hight chance of NOT being able to move at all. aka Hardened Activation Rule.

Randomized Generals: X---
  1. = The Generals don't have their stats randomized. Click to choose 'Low Randomization'. The randomization is on their Strategic, Offensive and Defensive values. This option is only applied to new games.
  2. = Generals have their stats slightly randomized. Click to choose 'Medium Randomization'.
  3. = Generals have their stats moderately randomized. Click to choose 'High Randomization'.
  4. = Generals have their stats strongly randomized. Click to choose 'No Randomization'.

Naval Box Handling: X---
  1. = Navel boxes (Shipping and Blockades boxes) are handled with the standard rules.
  2. = Navel boxes (Shipping and Blockades boxes) are handled with a rule which reduces micro-managing:
    Ships i these boxes don't use supply an don't lose cohesion, but will only provide 75% of their blockade and patrol rating.
  3. = Navel boxes (Shipping and Blockades boxes) are handled with a rule which reduces micro-managing:
    Ships i these boxes don't use supply an don't lose cohesion, but will only provide 66% of their blockade and patrol rating.
  4. = Navel boxes (Shipping and Blockades boxes) are handled with a rule which reduces micro-managing:
    Ships i these boxes don't use supply an don't lose cohesion, but will only provide 50% of their blockade and patrol rating.

Redeployment: -X--
  1. = Leaders and Army HQs can be redeployed instantly on the map to a new location.
    At this option level, the AI receives three usages a (sic.) turn and the Player receives none.
    Redeployed leaders become inactive and suffer significant reduction in their ratings, for one turn. (-2 to each value)
  2. = Leaders and Army HQs can be redeployed instantly on the map to a new location.
    At this option level, the Player receives one usage a (sic.) turn and the AI receives three.
    Redeployed leaders become inactive and suffer significant reduction in their ratings, for one turn. (-2 to each value)
  3. = Leaders and Army HQs can be redeployed instantly on the map to a new location.
    At this option level, both the Player and AI receive three usages a (sic.) turn.
  4. = Leaders and Army HQs can be redeployed instantly on the map to a new location.
    At this option level, the Player receives three usage a (sic.) turn and the AI receives six.

Delayed commitment: ---X
  1. = Units will engage the enemy as soon as they meet them.
  2. = Small Delay. Units will not engage the enemy as soon as they meet them. A delay can occur (ranging from one hour to several days), depending on the commander's Strategic Rating, and depending on whether friendly units are already engaged in battle.
  3. = Medium Delay. Units will not engage the enemy as soon as they meet them. A delay can occur (ranging from one hour to several days), depending on the commander's Strategic Rating, and depending on whether friendly units are already engaged in battle.
  4. = Long Delay. Units will not engage the enemy as soon as they meet them. A delay can occur (ranging from one hour to several days), depending on the commander's Strategic Rating, and depending on whether friendly units are already engaged in battle.

Foreign Entry: -X--
  1. = The Foreign Entry level is set to Easy. Click to set it to Normal.
  2. = The Foreign Entry level is set to Normal. Click to set it to Hard.
  3. = The Foreign Entry level is set to Hard. Click to disable it.
  4. = The Foreign Entry level is disabled. Click to set it to Easy.

Historical Attrition: --X
  1. = The option level is 'Standard'. This means that non-moving troops won't lose men from desertion and sickness.
  2. = The option level is 'Historical, for the player only'. This means that non-moving player troops will lose men from desertion and sickness every turn.
    The severity of this loss will vary depending of (sic.) the region they are in. Units can only receive replacements if situated on depots.
    (Hits can be restored as usual.)
  3. = The option level is 'Historical', for both the player and AI'.
----------------------------------------------
Archiving formats:
  • zip +
  • rar ++
  • FreeArc +++

File name format:
Game-Name_Turn00_Orders.arc
Game-Name_Turn00_Results.arc

House Rules, agreed to restrictions on: Mobilization, Raiding

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:51 pm

Hi B0rn_C0nfused,

Firstly, welcome to the Ageod community. I hope you enjoy your stay here. :thumbsup:

Actually, I cannot add much to what Captain_Orso has said you, viewing his perfect post. Only to show you a link where the PBEM system is explained (since I think my friend Orso forgot to put it ;) ):

PBEM System

Have fun playing. :neener:

Greetings. :wavey:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

B0rn_C0nfused
Sergeant

Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:09 am

Thank you for the help and the warm welcome.

Highlandcharge

Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:32 am

Hi Born, are you still looking for a pbem opponent?

B0rn_C0nfused
Sergeant

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:25 pm

Highlandcharge wrote:Hi Born, are you still looking for a pbem opponent?

sure

Highlandcharge

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:09 pm

Whats your email and we can get started :)

Captain_Orso

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:17 pm

*ah-hemm* you guys could go to PM to complete you planing :w00t:

B0rn_C0nfused
Sergeant

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Highlandcharge wrote:Whats your email and we can get started :)

pm

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”