lodilefty

AACW Patch 1.17a Official Legacy = November 21, 2012

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:50 pm

Really? I really hope that this is the last, legacy patch, as it is time to move on!

ftp://ftp.ageod.com/pub/AACW/Patch_AACW_v1.17a.zip
{July 2019, updated link}

The patch is a comprehensive patch, meaning it can be applied directly over your initial game installation setup version.

This Patch also includes all content from all 1.17 QwikFixes

• Game Engine continues as version 121010
  • Python script checks run [thank you LaFrite!]
    • Duplicate Aliases resolved in Colors, Fonts, Move Types, Sounds, Units
    • Aliases corrected in:
      • Factions
      • Settings file AI.opt
      • All Setups that include Brown-water blockade ports
    • Events
      • 1862 East Campaign
  • Scenario Setups [All]
    • Recompiled to correct
    • Development levels in regions
    • Brown-water blockade aliases
      [both affect only new games]
  • Events
    • Corrected CSA Generals in April 1861 to appear in Richmond.
    • Corrected USA Balloon event to find largest group by Command Points in the Mid Atlanic area
    • Corrected several USA and CSA 'free' Generals to ensure arrival on land.
  • Text
    • Added latest Spanish translations [thank you picaron]
    • Latest LocalStrings_AGE included

See the AACW Updates.pdf for complete change log
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:44 pm

Your effort is admirable and priceless. Now I know why I love you so... BRAVO!! :love:

PS: I guess so, but... Are games started in 1.17 QF3 fully compatibles with this official 1.17a, Lodi?

Thanks a lot in advance. :thumbsup:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lodilefty

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Ethan wrote:Your effort is admirable and priceless. Now I know why I love you so... BRAVO!! :love:

PS: I guess so, but... Are games started in 1.17 QF3 fully compatibles with this official 1.17a, Lodi?

Thanks a lot in advance. :thumbsup:

Yes!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Rasher
Private

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:03 am

Thanks very much for your hard work as always Lodi ! :)

bob.
General

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Can I just apply this update if I purchase from Matrix games?

lodilefty

Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:49 pm

bob. wrote:Can I just apply this update if I purchase from Matrix games?

Should be OK.
My original installer is from Matrix, and I've never had any issues using patches directly from AGEOD....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

vonRocko
Colonel

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Yes, thank you lodilefty! :)

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Changes in some Generals' rank

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:11 pm

OK, I have a question.

If I'm not wrong, from 1.16a patch, both Grant and George H. Thomas and other leaders, had appeared in the game as Brigadier Generals to do more realistic their beginning in the war. But now, I've noticed this has changed again to return to the former ranks. In fact, Grant has appeared as a Major General and that has taken me by surprise... :blink:

So, please, could anyone tell me why it has been changed again?

Greetings! :thumbsup:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lodilefty

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:29 pm

Ethan wrote:OK, I have a question.

If I'm not wrong, from 1.16a patch, both Grant and George H. Thomas and other leaders, had appeared in the game as Brigadier Generals to do more realistic their beginning in the war. But now, I've noticed this has changed again to return to the former ranks. In fact, Grant has appeared as a Major General and that has taken me by surprise... :blink:

So, please, could anyone tell me why it has been changed again?

Greetings! :thumbsup:

AFAIK nothing changed...
which scenario?
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:03 pm

It happens in 1861 April w-Kentucky Campaign, but I guess this also occurs in others scenarios or campaigns.

I'm convinced that in 1.16 patch Grant and George H. Thomas, among others, appeared as brigadier generals. In fact, in the Spanish subforum I made a kind of assessment of 1.16 patch and I pointed this. Take a look here.

I remember clearly that in previous patches Grant entered in the game as brigadier general with the possibility of promote him immediately, and now (in 1.17a) he has appeared as major general. I'm sure.

Maybe someone else can confirm this when Grant appears. It's really strange that no one has noticed this... :blink:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lodilefty

Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Ethan wrote:It happens in 1861 April w-Kentucky Campaign, but I guess this also occurs in others scenarios or campaigns.

I'm convinced that in 1.16 patch Grant and George H. Thomas, among others, appeared as brigadier generals. In fact, in the Spanish subforum I made a kind of assessment of 1.16 patch and I pointed this. Take a look here.

I remember clearly that in previous patches Grant entered in the game as brigadier general with the possibility of promote him immediately, and now (in 1.17a) he has appeared as major general. I'm sure.

Maybe someone else can confirm this when Grant appears. It's really strange that no one has noticed this... :blink:

Grant is in the DB as a 2* when he arrives, and that hasn't changed since whenever.

I do know that there are mods out there that bring him in as a 1*...... ;)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:50 pm

OK, Lodi, thank you for your reply. If later I have some time I'll try to find it out reinstalling the 1.16a patch. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Captain_Orso

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:01 pm

Luckily I still have 1.16 and 1.16a2 installed on my notebook, because I threw out all the older patches from my repository :blink:

Anyway, the event generating Grant clearly generates him as 2*:

Code: Select all

SelectFaction = $USA
  CreateGroup
  Posture = $Defensive
  SetKind = $Land
  Entranch = 0
  InCS = 0
  FixType = 0
  SetName = U.S. Grant
  Apply
  CreateUnit
  SetType = $uni_USA_Grant2
  SetName = Ulysses S. Grant
  Apply

:p

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Yep, I've just checked it installing 1.16 patch and you guys are right, he appears as major general. What I don't understand is why I had in mind that Grant emerged as brigadier general. :blink:

I must be getting old... :p apy: :p leure:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mixed languages

Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:33 am

Hi there,

I usually play AACW in English and I've just noticed that in the ledger, in the reinforcements section only, Spanish and English languages appear mixed. I changed to French and it's also mixed with Spanish.

This doesn't happen in others sections of the ledger (replacements section, for example).

Here I show you some pictures regarding English/Spanish (the last one is in French/Spanish):

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lodilefty

Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:35 pm

I do not get the mixed languages in my ledger, so I suspect you have a corrupted save or installation...

Does this occur in newly started games?

I propose a complete uninstall/reinstall of the game....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:23 pm

Yes, it also occurs in newly started games, so I'm going to follow your advice and will do a complete unistall/reinstall. :thumbsup:

Cheers! :love:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:20 pm

Well, I've uninstalled and reinstalled 2 times the game and it is still occurring in newly started games... What a odd thing! :blink:

Why am I the only person who happens to? I really don't understand it. :non:

PS: During the uninstall, everything related to the AACW was removed and then I did a totally impeccable installation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

picaron

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:26 pm

Put it in Spanish, carajo. :thumbsup: :mdr:

:wavey:
Sorprende al enemigo mediante la estrategia y el secreto, mediante lo inesperado y la rapidez de tus operaciones

Dulce bellum inexpertis

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:29 pm

picaron wrote:Put it in Spanish, carajo. :thumbsup: :mdr:

:wavey:

JAJAJAJAJAJA!! :winner:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi folks,

I've been testing the latest patches and there is no problem with QF3, however, when I install again the 1.17a patch the problem with mixed languages ​​reappears.

I've commented this with a friend of the Spanish subforum (Picaron) and he has the same problem.

Could someone who had installed the 1.17a patch tell me if has the problem of mixed languages, please​​?

I would greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance. :thumbsup:

Ethan.

EDIT: It seems that everything is back to normality... yeeeeha!! :cool:
After installing the 1.17 patch and the QF3, reinstalled the 1.17a patch and the problem has been solved... Uff! :cuit:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vidiot
Civilian

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:01 am

Due to plenty of issues with my computer, I ended up buying ACW again. Just in time for the holidays with Matrix discounting the price. Directed to plimus.com. Installed the basic version and everything worked. Doing my normal routine with my computer, my virus checker found four Four HeurEngine.ZeroDay Threat viruses. All tracked the ACW files I just installed. Dispose of the files and write a note to Matrix, which hasn't been responded to.

I cam back to the forum here to download the patch. Find that 1.17a is the new file and download it. Install and try the game. A pop up box called "The Confirmation" comes up. It reads: Several errors have been generated and the application is stalling. Please reach the support forum of either Paradox Interactive or AGEOD and post the game logs located here." It has three buttons YES NO CANCEL, which aren't worth a click.

Sometimes I can start a tutorial or a different scenario but the same message will pop up. Sometimes pops up after an end turn is clicked. Needless to say, the game is worthless to me this way.

The basic game worked without bugs. Now with the latest patch I feel like I've really been hacked. No viruses found but I have a lack of faith in AGEOD.

On the bright side, the strategic map included with the new patch is well done and should be of value to everyone who plays the game.

lodilefty

Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:11 pm

Vidiot wrote:Due to plenty of issues with my computer, I ended up buying ACW again. Just in time for the holidays with Matrix discounting the price. Directed to plimus.com. Installed the basic version and everything worked. Doing my normal routine with my computer, my virus checker found four Four HeurEngine.ZeroDay Threat viruses. All tracked the ACW files I just installed. Dispose of the files and write a note to Matrix, which hasn't been responded to.

I cam back to the forum here to download the patch. Find that 1.17a is the new file and download it. Install and try the game. A pop up box called "The Confirmation" comes up. It reads: Several errors have been generated and the application is stalling. Please reach the support forum of either Paradox Interactive or AGEOD and post the game logs located here." It has three buttons YES NO CANCEL, which aren't worth a click.

Sometimes I can start a tutorial or a different scenario but the same message will pop up. Sometimes pops up after an end turn is clicked. Needless to say, the game is worthless to me this way.

The basic game worked without bugs. Now with the latest patch I feel like I've really been hacked. No viruses found but I have a lack of faith in AGEOD.

On the bright side, the strategic map included with the new patch is well done and should be of value to everyone who plays the game.

Please zip and upload the files in your \ACW\Logs folder
[CENTER][/CENTER]

John S. Mosby
Lieutenant

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:38 am

AACW is the best Civil War game. Thank you for your support. :winner:
Is the legacy patch final?

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:52 am

I hope so! :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vidiot
Civilian

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:47 am

Hopefully this works. Thanks for trying to help.
Attachments
!Main log.zip
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 355 times

lodilefty

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 pm

Vidiot wrote:Hopefully this works. Thanks for trying to help.

The log indicates that you are running version 1.05, so obviously the patch went awry....

Please reinstall the entire game using the instructions in the third section of this reference:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Vista_Saved_Games
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Vidiot
Civilian

Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:12 am

Thanks lodilefty, it did the trick. Since version 1.05 is what Matrix Games is selling, there might be issues like this in the future. For others having issues with the 1.17a, just follow the directions in the third section of the reference linked about. I did not have to disable my UAC to have the game work.

Thanks again.

Goeland
Major

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:33 pm

Vidiot wrote: (...) Find that 1.17a is the new file and download it. Install and try the game. A pop up box called "The Confirmation" comes up. It reads: Several errors have been generated and the application is stalling. Please reach the support forum of either Paradox Interactive or AGEOD and post the game logs located here." It has three buttons YES NO CANCEL (...)

I did the same, from a v1.16a, because my new opponent has v1.17a, and I too have this popup box. When I click on NO it seems to work (but I've not the begining music as usually) : I'm on beginng screen.
Must I load back my v1.16a (will it work vs a v1.17a ?) or can it be played with each time this popup error message (I'd prefer not to have this popup message) ?
I don't know if I'm clear, cause my english is poor...
L'Intelligence Artificielle n'est rien à côté de la Connerie Naturelle...

lodilefty

Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Goeland wrote:I did the same, from a v1.16a, because my new opponent has v1.17a, and I too have this popup box. When I click on NO it seems to work (but I've not the begining music as usually) : I'm on beginng screen.
Must I load back my v1.16a (will it work vs a v1.17a ?) or can it be played with each time this popup error message (I'd prefer not to have this popup message) ?
I don't know if I'm clear, cause my english is poor...

You should reinstall the game to be safe. Those errors should not occur.

Be sure to use the method here [third section]:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Vista_Saved_Games
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”