hannibal_barca
Corporal

Isn't less than 5 percent military control mean no retreat rout and annihlation?

Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:49 am

I'm chasing this union single brigade with no leader across south carolina and I keep pinning it down in a province with no adjacent province to retreat to (that is no adjacent province has any union military control, all are 100 percent confederate) and yet when I rape them in battle they keep retreating away into provinces with 100 percent confederate control. I am using the newest beta patch. Is this a bug or am I missing something? I read the log and the union is retreating away and not withdrawing.

thanks

Durk

Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:18 am

My take, all retreats are withdrawals, so dependent upon some chance elements, but very dependent upon combat stance, not enemy control.

hannibal_barca
Corporal

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:00 am

Can you help me interpret this passage in the Ageod Manual, that is also found in the other ageod titles that I am aware of?

"Finally, you cannot retreat from battle into completely hostile regions (i.e. less than 5% Military Control).
Note: Engaging in a battle deep within enemy territory is a very risky proposition, as losing it will result in complete destruction
for lack of a retreat path!" pg 39

Even Alea Jacta Est states the same principle

"A Force cannot retreat from a battle into a region that is less than 6% controlled by the retreating player.
(A player that loses a battle and is surrounded by hostile territory is likely to see the total destruction of his
forces.)" pg. 55

BIA2 has it, so does Rise of Prussia.

Durk

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:29 am

Well, you are correct about the manual. I do hope others chime in with what happens to them. In my experience, this penalty only applies if you unload from a ship or travel several regions. If all you are doing is retreating (withdrawing), then it does not apply.
So, keep retreating, and not otherwise moving, no penalty.

hannibal_barca
Corporal

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:46 am

I also hope so because it is frustrating to eliminate these renegade brigades

Maybe there was a change to the mechanics just for Ageod with one of the many patches, thats my only guess

Durk

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:50 am

It may be you need to shape your force. Get rid of slow units and focus upon cavalry or other quick units and maybe look to a great leader. Or, send your force by rail.

hannibal_barca
Corporal

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 am

Im using all calvary force with a calvary commander, still not eliminating the pockets. In AJE, I think the rule does apply in that if a unit has no province to retreat as I cited earlier, then it will be annihalted

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:21 am

Hi hannibal_barca, :)

This rule was changed some patches ago.

From 1.14 patch, the minimum Military Control (%) required to allow a retreat was changed to 0:

"56.) Changed Minimum control to have in a region to allow a retreat into it to 0, was 5 (adopted from Clovis Mod)"

Regards! :wavey:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hannibal_barca
Corporal

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:38 pm

just wondering... what is the logic for that change? To help AI or make the game more dynamic?

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Exactly. It was intended to make more difficult to surround and destroy the enemy stacks. :)
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”