aguilucho
Private

Sailors, Marins, fregates and corvettes.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:39 pm

What's the difference between a sailor and a marin?
Playnig with the blues, to chase the SOUTH ships , in adittion to the bloquade fleet, what else should I use best? Fregates (which)? Corvettes? Where to put them? In the bloquade box or the transort box?
When I played against the Ai, the ships in the bloquade box sometimes they saw "South ships" but those always passed through... I felt like it is useless to use bloquade ship... but I know they are usefull..
otherwise, what is the best strategy to avoid the Sud to

Captain_Orso

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:23 am

Marines have a higher cohesion and other parameters and are elite infantry. Both apply their pontooner ability to the stack they are in.

The goal to optimize the Blockade Boxes it to get the largest blockade value in it. This is by far done the best with Blockade Squadrons. About 5 Blockade Squadrons per Box should give you about 45-50% Blockade-Value which will reduce the South's income by about the half of that in percent. Add about one Transport Squadron per Blockade Squadron and you are set to go. Check the transports each turn for their supply levels. As soon as one hits 0 on GS (General Supply) send it back to port to resupply.

In the Shipping Box you are in general not trying to find the South's ships (Raiders), but avoid them. The best way to avoid them is by seeing them first. To do this stack some Frigates with your Shipping Fleet. They have the highest detection value of all ships and will fight Raiders if encountered. Putting some Steam Frigates into the mix will give you some more punch if there is an encounter.

You can also try to actively seek an encounter with Raiders with an independent Patrolling Fleet. From my experience you get the most encounters by cycling your Patrolling Fleet in and out of the Shipping Box as often as possible. Many times when they arrive in the Shipping Box they will find Raiders if present. All the cycling in and out of the Shipping Box will however cause a lot of cohesion loss, which mean you will have to send them back to port to recover often.

aguilucho
Private

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:32 am

Thanks.
So, if the blockade boxes has for instance 40% value, that means that the south recives 20% less of income? That's right?
And what is the interest to add transport ship in the blockade box with the blockade squadrons?
I understand the rest.

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:41 pm

aguilucho wrote:Thanks.
So, if the blockade boxes has for instance 40% value, that means that the south recives 20% less of income? That's right?

Yes, you're right.

And what is the interest to add transport ship in the blockade box with the blockade squadrons?
I understand the rest.

The reason is that blockade squadrons remain enough supplied.

Greetings. :thumbsup:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

aguilucho
Private

Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:47 am

What attitude should ahve the blockade ships ans transport ships in those boxes?
The blockade ship must have an offensif attitude (orange/red?) or just deensif(blue)?
And for the transport? Sailing avoidinng combat? Others?

Jim-NC

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:34 am

Do not use offensive (orange/red). It lowers your cohesion too fast. The defensive (blue) is good for the union.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Captain_Orso

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Have a read through this: A Naval Question

It should answer most of your questions.

aguilucho
Private

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:38 am

Thanks!

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”