exar83
Private

Any Reenactors out there?

Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi guys! If this is off topic then Mods you can delete it or move it to the appropriate place.

I was curious if we have any Civil War reenactors on our forum?

It's been a couple years since i've been able to make it to a reenactment but im currently in one unit. I enlisted in the 19th IN Co. A Volunteers based out of Indianapolis. We are part of the Iron Brigade (Black Hats) in the Army of the Potomac 1st Corps, 1st Div., 1st Brigade. The modern reenactors organization that we are a member of is called the Cumberland Guard. It is a division sized unit with about 1,500 members on a good day. We do reenactments all over IN and the bordering states. Also we travel where ever the national reenactment is for that year so 90% of the time that's east of the Mississippi R.

charlesonmission

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:22 pm

I'm not a reenactor, but I'll be at the 2nd battle of Manassas reenactment in Cedar Creek August 3-5.

Charles

exar83
Private

Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:58 pm

Awesome! I've never been to Cedar Creek but I've been to pretty much all the National Park Battlefields in N. VA, Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry, Sharpsburg, MD, Chattanooga, TN, and Chickamuaga. The sweeping, open fields and gentle rolling hills at Manassas are very well kept. The battlefield at Chancellorsville and The Wilderness are by far the deadliest. Gettysburg is pretty deadly but The Wilderness is just that, WILD! I saw the marker where Jackson was shot and it's easy to see how that could have easily happened. Especially at night, in the forest, with the confusion of battle and anxious soldiers with itchy trigger fingers that had been working on muscle memory all day, or rather the last 2 years...

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”