squarian
Brigadier General

Total blockade available every turn?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:30 pm

In a Apr61 campaign, in the first few months of 61, under 1.16 rc7:

I'm hosting as CSA. My opponent is reporting that for the last two turns (late June, early July) he's been able to select Total Blockade and is asking whether this is WAD. AFAIK and having reviewed the release notes, this isn't a new feature - so is anyone else seeing this?
Attachments
gustavo-squarianJuly61.rar
(240.01 KiB) Downloaded 196 times

lodilefty

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:36 pm

squarian wrote:In a Apr61 campaign, in the first few months of 61, under 1.16 rc7:

I'm hosting as CSA. My opponent is reporting that for the last two turns (late June, early July) he's been able to select Total Blockade and is asking whether this is WAD. AFAIK and having reviewed the release notes, this isn't a new feature - so is anyone else seeing this?

I think these options reset in January and July, rather than the "12 turns" stated..... so if he gets a third straight chance, I'll start to worry. (Not new, AFAIK always that way)

P.S. I'm tinkering with a mod, that makes some options only 1/year, and that seems to only reset in January.... :)

P.P.S. AACW Options are handled differently than the other games, with minimal latitude to change things in the DB, and major code efforts to change otherwise (aka, don't hold your breath:neener :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:33 pm

Those happen to be the turns that you can select partial or full mobilization as well, assuming you didnt do so earlier. So it is WAD I think.

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:21 am

Call for volunteers, political, and the monetary options reset in early july and early january. The mobilization option only resets in early january. Unfortunately, the game can't distinguish how long until the next reset and always displays the full countdown. Once you know its not really that big of a deal. Just be sure not forget to select to select it before it resets. I've seen several people throw a game away beceause they forgot to call for volunteers and it reset giving me several hundred extra conscription points.
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."
-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

MarkCSA
Location: In a safe place, they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:53 pm

W.Barksdale wrote:Call for volunteers, political, and the monetary options reset in early july and early january. The mobilization option only resets in early january. Unfortunately, the game can't distinguish how long until the next reset and always displays the full countdown. Once you know its not really that big of a deal. Just be sure not forget to select to select it before it resets. I've seen several people throw a game away beceause they forgot to call for volunteers and it reset giving me several hundred extra conscription points.

Yep, that is indeed the most efficient way to shoot yourself in the foot (happened to me in my first, and only, MP game in which my opponent wiped the floor with me)
Murphy's Law of Combat: 'The most dangerous thing on a battlefield? An officer with a map'

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”