malthaussen
Sergeant

Great Sioux Uprising

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:54 pm

According to the newspaper announcement of this event, the USA has two months to send "3 brigades" to the Great Plains region to avoid VP losses. In 1.15, at any rate, this turns out not to be the case...

As of the second turn after the event fires, (i.e., one month later), I have two infantry units (UNITS, not elements) and two cavalry UNITS in the Plains with a leader. And I lose 25 VP. This has happened twice, now. Is this WAD?

The units are inside Ft. Laramie. Should they be outside? And why is everything else -- time limit, VP loss -- different from the newspaper announcement?

It's not a big deal -- the VP hit is trivial -- but it is annoying, nonetheless. I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that the developers have gone to enormous lengths to aggravate the USA player.

-- Mal
"Of two choices, I always take the third."

Gray_Lensman

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:23 pm

deleted

malthaussen
Sergeant

Great Souix Uprising Revisited

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:42 pm

This is definitely broken in 1.15. In my current game, I had a cavalry division waiting in Independence, Iowa for the uprising, commanded by Sheridan and McCook. Immediately upon the triggering of the event, the division moved into the Plains and annihilated the Souix force in late September. I still lost 25 VP. I really don't see how the event can be resolved positively for the US player.

-- Mal
"Of two choices, I always take the third."

Johnny Reb
Private

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:50 am

malthaussen wrote:I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that the developers have gone to enormous lengths to aggravate the USA player.

I am instructing my supply officer to send the developers a case of the finest Southern Whiskey available. :thumbsup:
Please let them know that President Jefferson Davis greatly appreciates their noble efforts. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:42 am

I think the problem is in the language. "3 brigades" might mean 3 units. A division still only counts as 1 unit. I've seen similar complaints about the threaten Richmond events.

caranorn

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:55 am

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne wrote:I think the problem is in the language. "3 brigades" might mean 3 units. A division still only counts as 1 unit. I've seen similar complaints about the threaten Richmond events.

Agreed. It's 3 units for sure. I didn't lose any VP in my last few games. Usually I already had a large enough mix of forces (regulars plus militia) present...
Marc aka Caran...

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”