Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Marching to the Sound of the Guns

Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:24 pm

To reinforce a fight, does a unit have to start the turn in an adjacent region, or can it arrive there in time for a fight in a neighbouring region and join it? (So, corps A marches into region X to start a fight on day D. If corps B marches on the same turn from region Z to region Y, adjacent to region X, and arrives there by day D, can it join a fight in region X?)

And another question: Do the attacking corps and the reinforcing corps have to be in adjacent regions, or will a corps reinforce an attack if it is adjacent to the region that is being attacked, but not to the region where the attack originated?

Thanks. :)
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]
Colonial Campaigns Club (supports BoA and WiA)
[color="Gray"]"... and keep moving on." -- General U.S. Grant[/color]
American Civil War Game Club (supports AACW)

Comtedemeighan
Brigadier General

Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:36 am

Ok are you playing devils advocate or are you senile? I know you have asked about this before. Not trying to cause trouble but I have read various threads where you ask about this before. You know how it works at this point.
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem - By the Sword We Seek Peace, But Peace Only Under Liberty
-Massachusetts state motto-

"The army is the true nobility of our country."
-Napoleon III-

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:48 pm

Comtedemeighan wrote:Ok are you playing devils advocate or are you senile? I know you have asked about this before. Not trying to cause trouble but I have read various threads where you ask about this before. You know how it works at this point.

No, I haven't asked these specific questions before. Maybe someone else will be kind enough to enlighten me. In my experience, people on this forum are usually friendly and supportive ... though I suppose there must be exceptions to every rule. :bonk:
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]

Colonial Campaigns Club (supports BoA and WiA)

[color="Gray"]"... and keep moving on." -- General U.S. Grant[/color]

American Civil War Game Club (supports AACW)

ETF

Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:51 pm

Comtedemeighan wrote:Ok are you playing devils advocate or are you senile? I know you have asked about this before. Not trying to cause trouble but I have read various threads where you ask about this before. You know how it works at this point.

Kinda rude man?

I'm looking forward to the recap :) if it is?

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:06 pm

As long as a corps is adjacent to a battle, it will MTSG. Timing doesn't matter so much.

Gray_Lensman

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:01 am

deleted

Comtedemeighan
Brigadier General

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:18 am

Heldenkaiser wrote:No, I haven't asked these specific questions before. Maybe someone else will be kind enough to enlighten me. In my experience, people on this forum are usually friendly and supportive ... though I suppose there must be exceptions to every rule. :bonk:

I was kidding it was a joke apparently you took it way to seriously ;) I did see a thread last night in the old threads where you talked about how the rule worked yourself. Sorry I didn't mean to interupt your thread carry on :)
Here's some helpful information on Marching to the sound of Guns ;)

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=14875
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem - By the Sword We Seek Peace, But Peace Only Under Liberty

-Massachusetts state motto-

"The army is the true nobility of our country."

-Napoleon III-

Jim-NC

Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:09 pm

Heldenkaiser wrote:And another question: Do the attacking corps and the reinforcing corps have to be in adjacent regions, or will a corps reinforce an attack if it is adjacent to the region that is being attacked, but not to the region where the attack originated?

Thanks. :)

I have the answer to this part of the question. You do not have to be next to the attacking area to join a battle via MTSG. See my posts starting at #37.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?p=143788&highlight=MTSG#post143788
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”