blackbird
Sergeant

New to v1.15

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:13 pm

--My 'permanently fixed, but will unfix if attacked' units are not 'unfixing.'
Example: Norfolk Artillery(20 Parrot)('permanently fixed, but will unfix if attacked') was hit hard(almost destroyed-strength of 4 now) by Farragut's 4th fleet. Yet, it did NOT unfix. Can anyone explain why it did not?
Does the 'unfixing' event fire only if attacked by a LAND force?
Does the attacked unit have to be alone?(ie. not in a stack of other locked units)

When I get the end of turn report and it states that 'a cavalry unit has been raised to react to an enemy raid,' should I take that literally and look for the enemy unit. Or, should this been viewed as a 'flavour' event?

Is the reassignment of a general to command a brigade(or a different brigade) now penalised by inactivation? Mine seem to be inactivating if I do some shuffling around of commands. Thanks for any answers :)

DarthMath
Colonel

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm

Hi, here are some answers : ;)

- Fixed units are unfixed after a land attack, not after a shore bombardment. If a stack containing one or more fixed units is attacked, all of the survivors will begin the next turn unfixed.

- free units are raised after an effective "invasion" ( by one or more ennemy units ) of one of your State. You must look of a possible ennemy cavalry unit passing through the State's border ( that's the more common thing ).

- I'm not sure to understand the question. Activation is checked before you're able to assign orders. So changing command of a general is not an issue, normally.

Hope to have been of some help. :)
"You know, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun, and those who dig in. You dig in ..." :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

blackbird
Sergeant

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:58 pm

- Fixed.. survivors will begin the next turn unfixed.

- free units ... border ( that's the more common thing ).

- I'm ... issue, normally.

Hope to have been of some help. :)

----Ahhhhhh, thanks! :thumbsup:

Next question if I may: If the Stonewall Brigade were to lose it's sharpshooter element, could it be replaced, or would the replacement be a generic elite infantry regiment WITHOUT the sharpshooter trait? I've lost the regular elite elements(with good morale) and I've seen them get replaced, but I've not encountered the loss and replacement of the sharpshooter element.

DarthMath
Colonel

Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:03 am

You're welcome !! ;)
For the Sharpshooter element, I'm sorry I don't remember. Try with a replacement of each type ( one elite and one SS ) and see what happened.
"You know, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend. Those who have a loaded gun, and those who dig in. You dig in ..." :cool:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

arsan

Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:05 am

They should replace the sharps too. :)

blackbird
Sergeant

Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:28 am

You're welcome !! ;)
For the Sharpshooter element, I'm sorry I don't remember. Try with a replacement of each type ( one elite and one SS ) and see what happened.

They should replace the sharps too. :)

--I will experiment and find out. It has definitely been replacing the elites. The part that has me wondering what the game will do is that the tooltip box shows that the Stonewall Brigade should have 5 elite infantry elements.(not 4+1 light infantry/sharpshooter) That makes me think that it will not give me a sharpshooter replacement. I have replacement chits in both categories. I have also tried unsuccessfully to combine a sharpshooter manually. We will see what happens.

Next question if you don't mind too much: Is there any way to force or lock a unit in the defensive posture? In anticipation of a battle, I have sent units to reinforce Prestonburg. All of my units already in the Prestonburg region are on the defensive setting, and all of the units en route are too. But, on checking the battle report screen, it shows that I have at least one element on the offensive setting. All that I can figure out is that one(or more) unit is changing its setting en route due to enemy presence or lack of enough military control in the region. Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong? :confused:
Attachments
stonewalll.jpg

Gray_Lensman

Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:52 am

deleted

captain curruthers
Sergeant

Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:51 am

Is the reassignment of a general to command a brigade(or a different brigade) now penalised by inactivation? Mine seem to be inactivating if I do some shuffling around of commands.

generals dont inactivate but do have reduced stats for one turn.

units are supposed to activate if attacked by land forces but they sometimes dont.whether this is a bug i or an intended part of the game i couldnt say.(i recently had some canadien forces attacked who won easily but remained fixed)

Big Ideas
Captain

Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:35 am

There are two types of fixed units:
Static- these can't move but can destroy rail and depots in their region. These units become unfixed if attacked.
Permanent- these can't move or destroy rail or depots in their region. If attacked they will become static (and need to be attacked a second time to unlock)

You have to read the unit info carefully to see the difference.

blackbird
Sergeant

Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:26 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Per the AACW v1.15 database:
The Stonewall Brigade is defined as a unit....
Pocus: Please feel free to clarify this if I've misstated anything.

--Wow, thanks. You saved me probably hours of play testing to figure out that info! :thumbsup:

Pocus

Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:44 pm

As Gray_Lensman says... Sharpshooter is an ability, not a kind of element replacement, so will appear if the regiment replaced has the ability.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:21 pm

Pocus: Glad you are still kicking about! Love ya' t

blackbird
Sergeant

Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:21 pm

It confused me a little bit. The light infantry with sharpshooter ability is listed as an elite in the tooltip box(for replacement purposes), as a light infantry in the element panel, and has that sharpshooter ability which is also another kind of purchasable unit and replacement type. But, thanks for clarifying those things. I see the whole picture now...at least until my next question ;)

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”