brannonboys
Conscript

how to trigger foreign intervention

Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:43 pm

I have been playing as the south for a few games and have not been able to get any higher than 25 on the entry level. What are some ways to help up that or some tips?

thanks
"Ah! Here is Longstreet; here's my old war-horse!" General Robert E. Lee

arsan

Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:03 pm

brannonboys wrote:I have been playing as the south for a few games and have not been able to get any higher than 25 on the entry level. What are some ways to help up that or some tips?

thanks

Hi

Its not easy to do...as in reality. :bonk:
But... do you know you have an option of the game options menu to make intervention easier?? :)

Chaplain Lovejoy
Brigadier General

Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:42 pm

My impression is that FI is more an issue of incompetent play on the part of the USA than competent play as the CSA. If the USA does things moderately right, FI ain't gonna happen.

DaemoneIsos
Sergeant

Steady

Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:09 am

Each side has a political action it can take every six months which will affect FI. Sadly, the outcomes are unpredictable: they can go either way, almost like a big coin flip. So you can try to be bold....

The steady approach is to maintain leadership over your opponent in either or both of National Morale and Victory Points. There is a chance each turn that FI will improve for the leader in each of those categories: if you lead both (as the South does at start), you can inch up each turn, up to 2%. If that doesn't seem like a lot, keep in mind that there are 24 turns per year, so up to 48% movement opportunity. You won't get all 48% in one year, but the war lasted 4 years: the longer you hold out, the longer you hold onto your VP, the longer you keep your people's morale up, the higher the FI percentage will go. This is not an unreasonable approach.

Pocus says that even before intervention occurs, a high FI rating triggers quiet gifts from the European powers.

On the other hand, holding out against the Union is just plain hard....

Good Luck,

-D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

brannonboys
Conscript

Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:00 pm

thanks for the help, Ive gotten it up to 84 as of right now the union blockaded and helped raise it some 30%, i may just try to hold out for another year and see if i can get it. not worth risking a cotton embargo.

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:28 am

More often than not the political options will go in your favour. The NM gain alone is worth the cost imo. Also, you should note that even if you haven't triggered FI the CSA will receive secret subsidies just for having the FI counter relatively high.
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."
-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

brannonboys
Conscript

Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:32 pm

ok so i got it to 100 in my favor and nothing happened. I could change their posture but couldn't move them. Does it take a few turns for them to activate? Do i receive a message? Thanks for the help

slimey.rock
Major

Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:59 pm

Yeah, it takes a few turns for the foriegn forces to activate. I think that you get a message, but I can't confirm that.

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”