It's a Trap

MTSG question

Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:42 pm

Does this work across rivers? For example if I a corp at Henry TN and another at Stewart TN (FT Donelson) would they support one another?

Mickey3D

Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Yes, it works accross river.

But MTSG is not automatic and the percentage of success is diminished by 10% for each day of travel between the regions. So a river will lower the chance of MTSG.

bburns9
Sergeant

Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:51 pm

It's a Trap wrote:Does this work across rivers? For example if I a corp at Henry TN and another at Stewart TN (FT Donelson) would they support one another?

I believe so. I've had corps march across rivers in support before, though I imagine they incur the combat penalties associated with doing so. You'll see the little river transport bar come up on top of the stack during the turn (or replay) and they'll go across.
Find out what Grant drinks and send a barrel of it to each of my other generals! - A. Lincoln

It's a Trap

Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:54 pm

Mickey3D wrote:Yes, it works accross river.

But MTSG is not automatic and the percentage of success is diminished by 10% for each day of travel between the regions. So a river will lower the chance of MTSG.

Does hat percentage use only marching numbers only or will it use RR in its calculations?

Mickey3D

Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:57 pm

It's a Trap wrote:Does hat percentage use only marching numbers only or will it use RR in its calculations?

See here for more information on how to compute the chance of success of MTSG.

There is nothing regarding use of RR but I remember reading a post stating that if you had RR capacity left it had an effect on MTSG.

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:58 pm

If you look it up, I do believe the exact phrasing is "time to travel" or words to that effect. So, to hazard a guess, I would say Yes, that includes RR bonus.
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]
-Daniel Webster

[color="#FFA07A"]"C'mon, boys, we got the damn Yankees on the run!"[/color]
-General Joseph Wheeler, US Army, serving at Santiago in 1898

RULES
(A) When in doubt, agree with Ace.
(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

Mickey3D

Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:18 pm

GraniteStater wrote:If you look it up, I do believe the exact phrasing is "time to travel" or words to that effect. So, to hazard a guess, I would say Yes, that includes RR bonus.

Indeed, if you give railroad movement order to your supporting corps and the two regions are linked by a railroad, travel time will be 1 day instead of the normal cost.
That's a way to increase the chance of success.

But I would appreciate the advice of some Ageod team members on this point.

soundoff
AGEod Veteran

Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:16 am

bburns9 wrote:
<snip>

I believe so. I've had corps march across rivers in support before, though I imagine they incur the combat penalties associated with doing so.

No they do not.....thats just one of the weaknesses of MTSG. ;)

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”