cptcav
Lieutenant

Fort Sumter Event

Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:10 pm

I know that this has been discussed before on the forum (as I have searched for it) but, my situation seems a little different than what others have posted. I am playing by email as the CSA.

On turn 1, I captured the fort. :thumbsup:

On turn 2, I left a garrision of one full-strength militia unit, one full-strength artillery unit, and the one 1-gun captured heavy artillery unit.

On turn 4, apparently the Fort Sumter reinforcement event trigger. What is interesting about it is that it indicated that the USA recaptured the fort; however, there was no battle display showing the combat. My units ended up outside the fort with the USA inside. :confused:

Am I mistaken in believing that there should have been a battle and that I should have seen a battle display?

Thank you,
CptCav

Redeemer
Major

Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:44 pm

Was the garrison actually in the fort? or just in the region? I don't think the event will fire if you actually garrison the fort, at least I've never seen it. IME it only fires when none are inside the fort.

cptcav
Lieutenant

Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:26 pm

If that is the case, the only thing I can think of is that when I re-organized the capturing force to leave a garrison, I must of somehow ended up outside of the fort. :bonk:

Even so, in real life, it would have been pretty hard for the force to be at Fort Sumter and not be in the fort considering the real estate.

Thank you,
CptCav

mikee64
Brigadier General

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:59 pm

In my current pbem game I captured the fort on turn one and left some units inside the structure, and the US reinforcements still spawned in the region (but outside the structure). This was either with 1.13 or 1.13a, can't remember which one.
Mike

samwise
Private

Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:20 pm

I have the same thing happen to me. How long does the US force stay at Ft. Sumtner? Seems like they just sit there and besiege the fort, but never attack. Seems very strange.

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:27 pm

I believed there is some kind of bug with this. I posted this around 6 months ago or so. Dont know exactly how to avoid it.

Not sure but perhaps it is related with a obscure rule about military control & loyalty in forts.

Once Military control goes up to 51% in a coastal fort, its LOYALTY changes to 100% to your side.

Militia is not a good unit to do this work... Artillery isnt also very useful. I usually leave a brigade out of the fort for the first turns, wait until the garrison comes... then I leave the fort.

Gray_Lensman

Thu May 28, 2009 2:35 pm

deleted

Loops
Conscript

Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:23 am

I just had the "Sumter Reinforcements" issue come up in a new game. They popped up outside of the fort (which I had captured) in late May, and on the next turn promptly marched over to Charleston (which had yet to raise its own garrison) and capture it.

I wanted to ask if it was WAD that these sumter reinforcements could threaten Charleston before it has raised its militia and artillery garrison?

Gray_Lensman

Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:03 pm

deleted

Loops
Conscript

Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:12 pm

1.13b is the version I am running, so I wouldn't expect the fix to be in yet.

Right now the fact that these reinforcements are mobile can lead to a severely unhistorical outcome pretty easily. (Fort Sumter reinforcements capture Charleston in May 1861???) Have you considered locking them in place until at least after Charleston garrison mobilizes?

Gray_Lensman

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:57 am

deleted

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”