CyberRanger
Conscript

How to attach a Corp to a different Army?

Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:34 am

I'm working thru the tutorial and combined two Corps. Before combined, one Corp was in Grant's army, the other in Buell's. Once merged, the combined Corp was attached to the Army of the Ohio. How do I attach it to Grant's Army of Tennessee instead?

Hobbes

Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:41 am

CyberRanger wrote:I'm working thru the tutorial and combined two Corps. Before combined, one Corp was in Grant's army, the other in Buell's. Once merged, the combined Corp was attached to the Army of the Ohio. How do I attach it to Grant's Army of Tennessee instead?

It will automatically attach itself to the nearest Army when you
use the detach/attach buttons, you can't choose which Army.

Cheers, Chris

Prussian Prince
Captain

Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:54 pm

I have found that the army that a corps attaches to is affected by the armys command radius. This radius is greater with better leaders. So if you detach a corps while it is a good distance away fro it's current army and closer to the new army you should have no problem getting it to attach. Otherwise you have to do some moving around which can ruin some of your current plans.
Player of many Ageod Games : AACW, ROP, BOA2 and PON!

Beta Tester for EU2 and HOI3:thumbsup:

soloswolf
General of the Army

Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:09 pm

This is a bit gamey, but...

If you use the 'teleport' button and move the given corps commander to the same region as the army you would like him attached to, then you can:

- If he is currently a corps commander of the army you don't want to be stuck to, you can deselect his corps status and then reactivate it to the new army he is now with.

- If he's not currently a corps commander, just make him one.

After that is complete, just un-click the 'teleport' button and he will return to the province he started in.

I too have noticed issues with them going over to the army I don't want him to. (Maybe if you are in multiple army command ranges an option could come up to allow you to select where they attach?)

As far as the gamey side of things... I just see it as a given commander meeting with the head of his new army and so forth. But it is abusing the number of uses you get with that tool.

arsan

Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:18 pm

Wow! neat trick! :coeurs:
And i like the commander meeting explanation / excuse too! :niark:

Hobbes

Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:24 pm

Nice spot! I expect this will be amended in a future patch.

lodilefty

Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:07 pm

Hobbes wrote:Nice spot! I expect this will be amended in a future patch.

Why? I can imagine it as "using the telegraph" to notify a commander of his new affiliation. :nuts:
Remember, he may now be part of the 'distant' army, but he won't gain any ratings bonus until he moves 'into range'. He only gains the CP improvement.

I'd leave it as is.... :niark:

Hobbes

Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:35 pm

Yes not a big deal but most players won't know about it. I would rather see a regular way of achieving this if that's what players want.

Cheers, Chris

DirkX
Lieutenant

Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:33 pm

i cant see any problem with the current system which needs to be changed.

CyberRanger
Conscript

Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:11 pm

Hobbes wrote:It will automatically attach itself to the nearest Army when you
use the detach/attach buttons, you can't choose which Army.

Cheers, Chris

In this situation, Buell and Grant were in the same region so I assumed that the Corp would go to the better leader, Grant. But instead it went to Buell. I need to re-run it again but I think what determined the army was how I dragged the one corp onto the other. I dragged the corp that was in Grant's army on top of the one in Buell's army so I guess it makes sense the combined corp went to Buell.

soloswolf wrote:This is a bit gamey, but...

If you use the 'teleport' button and move the given corps commander to the same region as the army you would like him attached to, then you can:
Interesting technique. What is the 'teleport' button?

soloswolf
General of the Army

Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:17 pm

On the third tab of the special orders box. (lower left section of the screen, to the right of the mini-map. the tab furthest to the right) It is a white box with a red arrow inside.

Le Ricain

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:55 am

CyberRanger wrote:In this situation, Buell and Grant were in the same region so I assumed that the Corp would go to the better leader, Grant. But instead it went to Buell. I need to re-run it again but I think what determined the army was how I dragged the one corp onto the other. I dragged the corp that was in Grant's army on top of the one in Buell's army so I guess it makes sense the combined corp went to Buell.

Could it be that the corps commander in Buell's army was senior to the corps commander in Grant's army?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Nous voilà, Lafayette'

Colonel C.E. Stanton, aide to A.E.F. commander John 'Black Jack' Pershing, upon the landing of the first US troops in France 1917

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”