gbs
Colonel

Question on promotions or lack of...

Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:50 pm

BTW, with 1.09 AACW take another step forward.
Say I have a general eligable for promotion and I get a message that another general will be angered if I do so and I will be penalised NM and VP.
If I do not promote him this turn will his eligability go away?
Will that general suffer some sort of seniority penalty if not promoted immediately?
Will his eligability remain in tact so that I can promote him months later if i want to?

anarchyintheuk
Lieutenant

Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:24 pm

The promotion opportunity will go away, unless the general is in the 1st or 2nd seniority slot. Don't really remember if they get angry about not being promoted. I promote immeidately when eligible.

DirkX
Lieutenant

Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:27 pm

gbs wrote:BTW, with 1.09 AACW take another step forward.
Say I have a general eligable for promotion and I get a message that another general will be angered if I do so and I will be penalised NM and VP.
If I do not promote him this turn will his eligability go away?
Will that general suffer some sort of seniority penalty if not promoted immediately?
Will his eligability remain in tact so that I can promote him months later if i want to?

you cant keep him eligible for month, if i am correct he ll loose 1 seniority per turn as penalty.

beefcake
Corporal

Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:09 pm

If you don't promote a general who is due, all you lose is the chance to promote him. There are no other penalties for not promoting. If he gets commended again, he can be promoted down the line.

Depending on how good the generals' stats are, it is usually good to promote them inspite of the costs. Generally if I get a general who is 3-2-2 or better and they are eligable, I'll promote them. I find I can't be picky about many of the commanders I promote.

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”