Crimguy
Lieutenant

Question about some attributes

Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:50 pm

1) Recruiting Officer - "can muster new conscripts on a regular basis". Does that mean having a general with this quality located in an appropriate city will result in new brigades appearing without the loss of conscript points?

2) Training Officer - "If the Commander will train up to 2 regiments of Conscripts each turn to regular." How do you tell if a unit is a conscript versus regular?

Thanks in advance.

Stonewall

Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:12 pm

1. If you put a Rec Officer in a city with at least a size 5, he will give you a bonus to your national manpower of 3-6 conscript companies per turn.

Gray_Lensman

Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:23 pm

deleted

Grotius
Captain

Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:19 pm

"If the Commander will train up to 2 regiments of Conscripts each turn to regular." How do you tell if a unit is a conscript versus regular?

I have a similar question. I see that an element of a brigade is sometimes described as Conscripts. This is often the case with Cavalry regiments embedded within brigades. I do occasionally get messages that I've successfully trained conscripts (usually in a town with a leader with that skill). But I don't think I've ever seen the "conscripts" tag disappear from the list of elements in the small box on the right. Perhaps this description never disappears, even after the element has been "trained" by a leader?

Sean E
Captain

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:01 am

So as per my attached JPG, i thought it was a bug but it looks like the units in question have been trained after all but the conscript tag is still there. Is this supposed to dissapear?
Also i never got a message they had been trained up, is this supposed to happen like with other units?
Attachments
conscripts.JPG

Pocus

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:54 am

I see the problem. Disregard my mail Sean where I asked you the threads addresses, I have both.

edit: this has to do with generic elements names. When the element is created it receives a generic name, because for now there is no code to read the historical elements names that the beta made. This has to be improved.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Sean E
Captain

Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:20 am

Why not just remove the (conscript) tag from the units to begin with?
You will still know they are conscript to start from the unit panel and from the different nato icon. And also from the tool tip from running the cursor over the unit icon. Then when the unit upgrades there will be no problem.

Sheytan
Lieutenant

Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:29 pm

good point.

Sean E wrote:Why not just remove the (conscript) tag from the units to begin with?
You will still know they are conscript to start from the unit panel and from the different nato icon. And also from the tool tip from running the cursor over the unit icon. Then when the unit upgrades there will be no problem.

Pocus

Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:50 am

Quick and nice suggestion. Done. Thanks.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Alzate
Private

Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:59 pm

so am i right in thinking that the "training officer" attribute is "chrome" and does not add anything in the new patch?

Pocus

Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:06 pm

No, it has a purpose, it gives a chance to convert a militia into a conscript infantry.

Alzate
Private

Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:13 pm

great, so the idea is stack this officer with many militia units and wait for they become progressively conscript units

guess that Taylor is going to travel a lot in the next campaign... :niark:

willgamer
Lieutenant Colonel

Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:16 pm

We had a long discussion about conscripts just last week:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=6639 .

:siffle:

Mauzophis
Conscript

Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:14 pm

Pocus wrote:No, it has a purpose, it gives a chance to convert a militia into a conscript infantry.

Hm, the Wiki says:
Are training officers able to change militia into conscripts?
No, training officers train conscripts to regulars, but the change from militia to conscript is only done by the event engine. You don't have a hand on militia change; it's random, and the event engine picks all militia units on the board and applies a small chance of conversion to them (5-10%).

Is that wrong, or has it changed and the wiki information is just outdated?

Pocus

Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:41 pm

Indeed the Wiki is right.

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:23 am

Again some question about a couple stats

1.- Patriot --- How does i works Is required to be in a city / not moving / or so.? And what are the bonus? 1 Free militia troops /turn? extra replacements?

2.- Master Driller gives 1 exp to "entire STACK"? So... All 90+ battn in a Huge - 5 division corps with my driller friends adds + 1 to exp? And how many exp is a star for getting additional bonus (10 exp?).... Or only their own troops are given bonus (his own brigade for example)... Also, I assume only works if not moving...

Pocus

Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:50 am

1. you can be where you want in the State. If the State have some chances of raising partisans, then this chance is augmented by 25%

2. Yes, whatever the size of the stack, 1 xp to each. Depending of troops, you can need between 10 and 20 xp I believe for a level.

Coregonas
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:16 pm

Pocus wrote:1. you can be where you want in the State. If the State have some chances of raising partisans, then this chance is augmented by 25%

2. Yes, whatever the size of the stack, 1 xp to each. Depending of troops, you can need between 10 and 20 xp I believe for a level.

Very useful

Now I will try to find what are those states...

I suppose "West" states are more prone to partisans than east ones...

Gray_Lensman

Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:53 am

deleted

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”