steph25
Civilian

Division Command

Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:42 am

Hello,

I played the game early in 2007 and then just came back to it using the 1.16a patch.

I am playing the CSA April '61 campaign and am in the late August turn and have a problem with Division Command, since I am not able to activate a Division, and the game tells that I have 0 division commands available.

Maybe my question is silly [and then sorry 'bout that] but is this normal (i.e. does activating divisional command only become possible at a certain point in time or is there something wrong ???)
I have to say I found out nothing in the rules or the Wiki page that can be of some help.

Many thanks for your help !!! (answer in french also welcome !)

fdapra
Conscript

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:43 am

Yes Division activation and Corp activation now only become available later in the game.
It was done for historical accuracy reason.
The Division activation is now available starting from early October '61 and corp activation sometime in '62.
Be sure to read the patch readme becose many things changed, expecially the raiding procedure and the fact that early cavalry can no longer capture cities.
In brief to tear up rails now you have to roll lower than your power so a typical cavalry will have a 1 in 5 chance of interrupting rail connection.
The pillager ability add +25% to this chance.

Jim-NC

Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:42 pm

Welcome to both of you. :wavey: Enjoy the game.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:16 pm

fdapra wrote:Division activation and Corp activation now only become available later in the game.
It was done for historical accuracy reason.
The Division activation is now available starting from early October '61 and corp activation sometime in '62.

Excellent! :coeurs:

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:57 pm

Early March 62 for Corps.
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]
-Daniel Webster

[color="#FFA07A"]"C'mon, boys, we got the damn Yankees on the run!"[/color]
-General Joseph Wheeler, US Army, serving at Santiago in 1898

RULES
(A) When in doubt, agree with Ace.
(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

Durk

Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:41 am

I am playing the same patch, but playing the 1863 Campaign Game. Neither my opponent nor I can build divisions though we both have 'capacity' and resources to build. This inability to build is new for both of us in the newest patch. We have counted current divisions, dismissed a division to open a spot for a new division, and still cannot build divisions.
Any thoughts on this one?

lodilefty

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Durk wrote:I am playing the same patch, but playing the 1863 Campaign Game. Neither my opponent nor I can build divisions though we both have 'capacity' and resources to build. This inability to build is new for both of us in the newest patch. We have counted current divisions, dismissed a division to open a spot for a new division, and still cannot build divisions.
Any thoughts on this one?

Specifically which patch?

Post a save, please!
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Durk

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:00 am

[ATTACH]20273[/ATTACH]

I am requesting full files from the game host.
We are playing 1.16abetaRC2
Attachments
1863 CampaignGJ~CSA.zip
(879.15 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

charlesonmission

Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:50 am

Durk,

Is there an RC2 out there? I thought the last one was RC1.

Charles

Durk wrote:[ATTACH]20273[/ATTACH]

I am requesting full files from the game host.
We are playing 1.16abetaRC2

Durk

Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:21 am

Charles,
You are likely correct. As you know, you are always more correct than am I about technical stuff; except I reported what my game shows when I fire up ACW. This may be an in-testing beta or some other anomaly.
My opponent and I are currently troubleshooting. We are each below the posted number of divisions, but last turn I had the option to build a few divisions. Kind of odd.
Because we are early in the 1863 scenario, our plan is to consolidate divisions and then see what options we have to build new divisions.
Durk

Captain_Orso

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:39 am

Durk, could it be that you picked up the RC2 patch from the beta team forum :siffle:

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”