DrPostman

Why did my fleet get locked in Mobile?

Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:23 am

I've got foreign entry and so ended up combining two CSA ironclads with a good sized fleet with Semmes in
command. This happened in May. My fleet attacked a Union fleet that was moving in and out of the bay
several times and pretty much destroyed it. I then had plans on using it in a combined arms attack on
Fort Pickens but noticed it was low on supplies and ammo so I put into Mobile. The next turn I go to move
them and Semmes and the entire fleet are locked and I supposed never will be usable again unless attacked.
The Semmes Takes Command event happened and he's free now but those ships are still locked in Mobile.
Anyone know what's up with that, and why the CSS Florida is locked in the Atlantic Shipping box?

I'm using version 1.16a

DrPostman

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:42 am

Well, that's strange. They all got unlocked when the CSS Florida did.

lodilefty

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Could you please post Script Reports?
Use this method:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Script_Reports
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

DrPostman

Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:08 am

Would there still be a script report if I'm playing against the AI? I don't even have error logging
turned on. I will for the next game though as this looks like it's about at it's end.

lodilefty

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:32 am

There are always sccript reports.
Send the report anyway as-is. It is always there, and a new game will overwrite things.

If you don't supply this info, there will be no chance to fix it [if indeed there is anythhing wrong]
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

DrPostman

Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:40 am

lodilefty wrote:There are always sccript reports.
Send the report anyway as-is. It is always there, and a new game will overwrite things.

If you don't supply this info, there will be no chance to fix it [if indeed there is anythhing wrong]

I hope I did this right. I created a zip file for the "Scripts" folder and here it is:[ATTACH]20021[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Scripts.zip
(194.82 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

lodilefty

Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:21 pm

Thank you, but for some reason the reports for each turn are not being generated....
Did you reinstall the game? Add a new patch?

Please zip and post the Logs folder [similar method as Scripts]

Also, please post the saved game for the turns involved [the turn those ships locked]
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game
[CENTER][/CENTER]

DrPostman

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:15 pm

lodilefty wrote:Thank you, but for some reason the reports for each turn are not being generated....
Did you reinstall the game? Add a new patch?

Please zip and post the Logs folder [similar method as Scripts]

Also, please post the saved game for the turns involved [the turn those ships locked]
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game

I'd like to do that but for some reason when I did a chkdsk on my system a few hours
ago it deleted all the saved games I had. Perhaps this would be a good time for a reinstall
and then patch straight to 16a instead of patch after patch like I had it.

Thanks for your help. I really hate losing that game because with the Brits and the French I
had Missouri and Kentucky sewn up. Think I'm going change the settings to something a
little more difficult.

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”