Ace

Stonewall Jackson

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Stonewall Jackson and quickly angered trait
From what I have red, this ability is on spot for 3-star Jackson.
I am curious do you promote him or not.
And what are real effects of that trait. Do 1 star generals in his new army bring no more CP to stacks, and 2-star bring only 4 points.

Mickey3D

Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:59 pm

Ace wrote:Stonewall Jackson and quickly angered trait
From what I have red, this ability is on spot for 3-star Jackson.
I am curious do you promote him or not.
And what are real effects of that trait. Do 1 star generals in his new army bring no more CP to stacks, and 2-star bring only 4 points.

If Jackson commands a stack, 4 CP will be removed to the number of CP that should be available as per normal rules.

Moreover, if he is an army leader each corps in his army will suffer from this penalty.

Ace

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:48 pm

Im a bit embarassed. I played this game quite some time and never tried to promote him because of that trait.

So if I promote, he will have more frontage, but no CP to use it.

Mickey3D

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:42 pm

Ace wrote:Im a bit embarassed. I played this game quite some time and never tried to promote him because of that trait.

Neither do I :siffle:

I had a look to the "special abilities" description on the wiki.

dolphin
Major

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Mickey3D wrote:If Jackson commands a stack, 4 CP will be removed to the number of CP that should be available as per normal rules.

Moreover, if he is an army leader each corps in his army will suffer from this penalty.

So basically as an Army Commander, or Corp Commander he has a base 14 CP instead of 18 CP and any Corps he forms as an Army Commander would also be reduced to base 14 CP.

There are plenty of situations where you don't have enough troops to fill out an army, or its corps anyway, so there are plenty of situations where he is plenty useful as a promoted Corp, or Army general.

Spharv2

Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:43 pm

I used to use him as a small army commander. I usually played with highly randomized generals, but he'd still usually be one of the best. I would have him in command of a highly mobile force, either in the trans-mississippi or one of the secondary armies in the western theater. The lack of CPs doesn't hurt so much, and even a smaller force can cause big problems for the Union out in that area.
Official Queen's Ambassador to the South
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mickey3D

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:52 pm

dolphin wrote: or Corp Commander he has a base 14 CP instead of 18 CP

To clarify : this is true if Jackson is a 3* leader. If he leads a corps as a 2* officer he will have 18CP

Cromagnonman
Brigadier General

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:42 pm

One benefit of promoting any good MG to LG is that they become much less likely to be KIA. Hence most of my corps commanders having gone up to LG.
"firstest with the mostest"

"I fights mit Sigel"

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”