Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Penalties for dismissing and reappointing army commanders in the same turn?

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:42 pm

For some reason (solving seniority problems in corps attachments, getting more plausible names for my armies) I sometimes dissolve an army, then recreate it the same turn. In my experience there is no penalty. I believe this matches with what I've read on this board earlier.

However, is the same true if I dissolve several armies on the same turn, and recreate them all? No penalty? Regardless of in which order I do it? Because sometimes to have the desired effect I have to re-appoint a more junior general before his senior. But if they *all* get their job back in the same orders phase, nobody should feel slighted, because no demotion actually takes effect. When the turn is resolved, they're all where they started the turn.

True? :confused:
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]
Colonial Campaigns Club (supports BoA and WiA)
[color="Gray"]"... and keep moving on." -- General U.S. Grant[/color]
American Civil War Game Club (supports AACW)

Gray_Lensman

Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:11 pm

deleted

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:27 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Best way to find out is to

1.) save the game
2.) make no changes
3.) advance the turn
4.) note the next turn's resource values
5.) now restore the previous turn
6.) make a couple or three command changes you might like and in this case insure that the commands involved are definitely uncombined/recombined in this same turn. (In order to "isolate" the results don't do anything else like buying reinforcements etc.)
7.) advance the turn
8.) note the resource values and compare them to the previous resource values note above. If the resource values are the same then there were no charges incurred for manipulating the commands.

Thanks. I am playing PBEM as non-host and hence can't advance the turn (or experiment in any way). -- I was sort of hoping for an answer that doesn't require me to set up a single-player game and play until I have enough Union armies to run this test! :)
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]

Colonial Campaigns Club (supports BoA and WiA)

[color="Gray"]"... and keep moving on." -- General U.S. Grant[/color]

American Civil War Game Club (supports AACW)

Gray_Lensman

Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:29 pm

deleted

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:18 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:8.) note the resource values and compare them to the previous resource values note above. If the resource values are the same then there were no charges incurred for manipulating the commands.

That, and the first messages in your message box would be about the various generals getting annoyed.

Big Ideas
Captain

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:21 am

The most HQ I have dissolved and recreated in one turn is two. I haven't seen any bad side effects like NM penalties. You have to be a little careful though as any three star leaders that have increased/ decreased their seniority since the HQ were first created might complain.

Gray_Lensman

Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:06 am

deleted

enf91
AGEod Veteran

Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:18 am

But how would simply shuffling the commands cause a change in resources?

Gray_Lensman

Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:36 am

deleted

Return to “AGEod's American Civil War”