marecone

Best nicks

Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:52 pm

Ok. Intelligence room is now filled with regimental, militias and brigade nicks for both CSA and USA. There are some really cool nicks.
Post here your top 3 nicks.
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

marecone

Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:56 pm

1. Orphan Brigade - CSA Brigade

2. 104th Ohio 'Barking Dog Rgt.' - Union regiment

3. 84th New York 'Red Legged Devils' - Union regiment
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

IronBrigadeYankee
Major

Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:05 pm

I always liked the 2nd Delaware - The Crazy Delawares
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

-Thomas Paine

Return to “ACW History Club / Histoire de la Guerre de Sécession”