Ardie
Lieutenant

Anybody tried Fields of Fire from '98?

Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:29 pm

Fields of Fire -War along the Mohawk (1998) from Empire Interactive.

A "strategy game" but with an emphasis of about 30 mission levels playable from both sides (French & Brits).

You choose first your side and then get to pick your own character from Indians (Iroquis, Huron etc.), colonists, British soldiers, French soldiers, Rangers and Coureurs. Then your force is sent to a mission where you can recruit more characters into your force.

An interesting idea but poorly executed as the game was bug ridden and nigh on unplayable as the French. For what I know the devs never released a patch and the game was kind of a prequel to a much more ambitious 101st Airborne game with a same idea.

If this game had been more thoroughly planned and supported it could have been a minor classic.

IronBrigadeYankee
Major

Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:37 pm

I played that game quite a bit and it was interesting to say the least. Not so much a historical attempt at the French and Indian War but more of a "Last of the Mohicans" role-playing game. For all it's faults it was an entertaining game for its time.
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

-Thomas Paine

PDF

Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:52 am

Yes, the idea was fun, I enjoyed it a bit, but it was a RTS thing, and frustrating ...

Return to “General discussions”