Pocus

Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:44 am

There is so much work implied by your ideas Vlabz that I don't even want to make a rough guess of the time needed for them ;)
Feel free to post though, ideas are always great to read!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

calvinus

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:58 pm

[quote="Pocus"]There is so much work implied by your ideas Vlabz that I don't even want to make a rough guess of the time needed for them ]

To Pocus all my personal support... :siffle:

saintsup
Captain

Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:55 pm

Just bought GI today at 'la FNAC'. Hope I will enjoy it.

I never really 'entered' PAX.

Btw what do you think of the 'official mod' ? What are the Pros and Cons of using it ?

calvinus

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:32 am

saintsup wrote:Btw what do you think of the 'official mod' ? What are the Pros and Cons of using it ?

As you can find inside GI forum, the Official mods give a different graphic flavor to the game. Anyway, one of the most outstanding features is the AI tweaking: you will have barbarian tribes following more faithfully their geographical objectives, even though being a bit more predictable.

Queeg
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:22 am

Where can one buy GI? Thanks.

PhilThib

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:52 pm

I believe from Strategy First website :cwboy:

VladTepesz
Private

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:28 pm

PhilThib wrote:I believe from Strategy First website :cwboy:

also available as a download from http://downloads.webhallen.com/product/?id=10514, although the site is in Swedish - might be a barrier to a few... ;)

saintsup
Captain

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:49 pm

I'm learning the game and I have a few questions and the GI forum seems awfully quiet.

I'm the alaman, barbarian, step 1.

Two situations I don't understand:
1) I took the town in Moselle (there was my small shield') and I could'nt enter the town (the button was grayed)
2) I took the last prov of the burgonde, make peace, choose annex. Everything seems fine but when I go out of the peace screen, burgonde are created again.

Queeg
Lieutenant Colonel

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:01 am

All the purchase options on the Strategy First website are grayed out. http://www.strategyfirst.com/en/games/GreatInvasions/

And I don't read Swedish.

Any other purchase options?

PhilThib

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:11 am

We are currently discussing with Nobilis, the game publisher, to have GI on sale as a download version on AGEOD's website. :coeurs:

PhilThib

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:15 am

saintsup wrote:I'm learning the game and I have a few questions and the GI forum seems awfully quiet.

I'm the alaman, barbarian, step 1.

Two situations I don't understand:
1) I took the town in Moselle (there was my small shield') and I could'nt enter the town (the button was grayed)
2) I took the last prov of the burgonde, make peace, choose annex. Everything seems fine but when I go out of the peace screen, burgonde are created again.

To help, you should send the save file to Calvinus, the game's developper. He is available on the GI forum, where he goes regularly, or here too (he is a member).

We need to know the date to assist... if you are playing early (350 AD?), the Burgondes are "raiders"...raiders are barbarian not yet active, they cannot be annexed...if you take their lands, they will just move away (or even back to the same place) with their tribe and will be present again.
You can only annex active Barbarians or Kingdoms...

Also remember that Barbarians only control territory they have troops in...if you take a region, then move your troops away, you just "lose" it... :cwboy:

Lascar
Private

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:01 pm

PhilThib wrote:We are currently discussing with Nobilis, the game publisher, to have GI on sale as a download version on AGEOD's website. :coeurs:

This is very good news. :) I have been wanting to purchase GI for many months, but have not been able to find an english version to purchase.

saintsup
Captain

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:48 pm

PhilThib wrote:We need to know the date to assist... if you are playing early (350 AD?), the Burgondes are "raiders"...raiders are barbarian not yet active, they cannot be annexed...if you take their lands, they will just move away (or even back to the same place) with their tribe and will be present again.
You can only annex active Barbarians or Kingdoms...

OK that's it for my second question. Just don't know how I should have known that the Burgondes are raiders (if they are one of my countries they are greyed out on the small icon at the top but if they are not ...) ?

calvinus

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:15 am

saintsup wrote:OK that's it for my second question. Just don't know how I should have known that the Burgondes are raiders (if they are one of my countries they are greyed out on the small icon at the top but if they are not ...) ?

Raider nations have the small shield (that one on the top middle part of the interface) grayed out. If you move the mouse cursor over the small shield, the tooltip says they are raiders, at least I remember so. In addition, if you click on the shield, the large king soldier sprite is rendered on the bottom left part of the monitor and a large highlighted 'R' caps key is printed in the center of the large round shield of the king soldier. Also that 'R' caps key is tooltipped, and the text says again that the selected country is a Raider nation.

Not-Raider nations have the small shields not-grayed, and the large soldier kings sprites change according to the current nation status: warrior kings for barbarians, kings for kindoms, emperors for empires. Instead of the 'R' caps key, you will find a number that will tell you the current AGE points cumulated by that country. You can give a look to the game manual (better if the detailed version done by/for the beta-testers) in order to have an idea about the amount of cumulated age points needed for passing from each status to the next one.

Thanks,
Calvinus.

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:48 am

Wargamer's interview with Philippe Thibault about Great Invasions:

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/greatinvasions_interview/Default.asp
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Return to “General discussions”