Aphrodite Mae

Mr. Tagwyn is a gentleman

Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:27 pm

tagwyn wrote:Mighty Nice of you Ma'am! Even if you do look a lot like Scarlett O'Hara!! :p apy:

You are simply too kind, Mr. Tagwyn! I have always heard that gentlemen grow wiser and more charming with the passing of years. Until now, I have looked at my beloved Dixiecrat and decided that this was not only untrue, but absolute bullsfoot. But today, with your kindness, I must admit that I was wrong, and that it is true.

:p ompom:for :p apy:!
Aphrodite Mae

berto
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Rafiki wrote:Heh, the only forums I access at all are these and Paradox'. Unfortunately, signature banners aren't allowed at Paradox.

I, too, don't access many fora. But most fora, including Paradox', allow text sigs, if not graphical banners in same.

So, for example, my standard sig (the same one I use at Paradox' forum) is:

What this town needs is a good Renaissance band!
Early MusiChicago, Early Music in Chicago and Beyond
PIKT, Global-View, Site-at-a-Time System and Network Administration

But it could just as well read:

Early MusiChicago, Early Music in Chicago and Beyond
PIKT, Global-View, Site-at-a-Time System and Network Administration
AACW, the best American Civil War strategy game ever

where the "AACW" is a link to the AGEod home page (or maybe the AACW detail page).

If you have a Facebook or MySpace page, you could add links to AGEod (or your favorite AGEod) game(s) there also.

So, instead of a banner, people could substitute a text link and description in their sigs, etc.

From my web server logs, I can see that I usually get one or two people per day visiting my EMC or PIKT sites from here, or Paradox, or Matrix (the only three fora I frequent). So, text sigs with links also work in their small way.

Half a loaf is better than none.
Early MusiChicago - Early Music in Chicago and Beyond - http://earlymusichicago.org
PIKT - Global-View, Site-at-a-Time System and Network Administration - http://pikt.org
AGElint - an AGE debugging toolkit - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2978333
Your Mileage May Vary -- Always!

wow4golr47
Civilian

the Innermost

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:44 pm

Below the Innermost Company comes wow gold the Satellite Band, which, if the Internal Organisation is described as the wit of the Commonwealth, may wow gold be justifiedly likened to the hands. Beneath that rise the silent people whom we habitually relate to as 'the proles', numbering perhaps 85 per cent of the wow gold assemblage.

SAS
Corporal

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:19 pm

I am on the Paradox forum a lot an you can just put the banners on your user page so if people visit they can see them. I would like that RoP banner.

SAS
Corporal

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:23 pm

Sorry to double post. Is it possible to also get a link posted for the Rise of Prussia banner so I can use it? I find it is the best!
I'm "SAS" from the Paradox Interactive Forum. :)

Cat Lord

Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:28 am

SAS wrote:I am on the Paradox forum a lot an you can just put the banners on your user page so if people visit they can see them. I would like that RoP banner.
Arf, I never use the Paradox visitor page. How can you do that ?

Cat
[CENTER]
Image[/CENTER]

SAS
Corporal

Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:20 am

When you look at your own page just type a message to yourself and post the image in there. As long as you delete your visitors messages the image will always be there for all to see when they visit. Just a note only moderators (like yourself) on the Paradox forum can totally delete the posts everyone else sees a "deleted" line when they view their personal page. Kallocain informed me this was so the moderators could still see what was being said if needed (no biggy). The good thing is when one visits the page (ie...you visit mine) they do not see the "deleted" posts only the image.

My page:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/member.php?tab=visitor_messaging&u=7287#visitor_messaging

And that new Revolitions image is nice! Hope the link post at the start of the thread gets updated!
I'm "SAS" from the Paradox Interactive Forum. :)

Return to “General discussions”