deadmeat1471
Private

How do you organise things in AGEOD games?

Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:36 am

Ok so ive been playing ageod games for a long time at this point. I recently have been getting back into it playing civil war 2.

My question is, how the hell do you organise stuff?

For example, each turn I have a whole bunch of small units around the map, I usually have to cycle thru all the units until i feel like ive told everyone what to do, if someone is in transit or on sentry and ive forgotten well theyre shit out of luck.

Also, when organising armies, I have an army with like 5 generals and 20 units I have to scroll through to select some to break off a part, no split in half button?

I find AGEOD games some of the best games in terms of logistics and so on, but does anyone have any tips for organising things? or finding what I want to move each turn and so on.

Stratman
Captain

Re: How do you organise things in AGEOD games?

Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:08 am

deadmeat1471 wrote:... if someone is in transit or on sentry and ive forgotten well theyre shit out of luck.
...but does anyone have any tips for organising things?

Also you may press "ctrl" to cycle through Stacks who are moving. "E+ctrl" or "R+ctrl"

"Q" for cycle through fixed Stacks (do not remember now if its work for CW2, but it's a known hot key)

deadmeat1471
Private

Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:39 pm

Additionally; the fact that im having to skip through units all over the map and am not simply looking at the map in a general sense means it is very easy to lose perspective on the grand scheme of things and whats going on, making grand plans and so on.

Durk

Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:54 am

This is a huge question. I will only be able to reply in part.
It depends upon the game.
In games with army/corps organization I determine the armies primary objective and needs. Then I designate an organization points, for instance in CWII, Alexandria VA, Cairo IL and Louisville KY with smaller gathering points like Jefferson City MO (this is of course only an example using the Union).
Then I form the army with an eye toward building the needed units. The gathering point remains the collection point for reinforcing units from where they will move forward.

In games without formal army organization I more quickly look at objectives, forces and how to get there.

With all those small units, I move them to one of my gathering points.
With splitting armies, I move the corps commanders, and then populate the corps, which you can do with the cntl key selecting units to be moved.

Time. I usually make my move. Then at a later time, maybe after I have gotten a cup of coffee or a new ord from an opponent, I use the E and T buttons and cycle through my troops to see what I have forgotten to do.

If you have important units moving, you will remember. Otherwise, waiting for them to arrive is not a crisis.

Have a big plan, and make your smaller units a part of that plan.

deadmeat1471
Private

Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:42 pm

Thanks for the suggestions already; another issue I have-
Currently in civil war 2 i have groups in washington forming each 8 command points and now I have basically 6 or 7 groups. I have to move these groups 1 at a time correct? I cant simply grab them all at once and move them to another province?

Durk

Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:46 am

Probably where you are in the game, yes one at a time. When you get to organize armies, then you can use the command for parallel march and move them all by moving the army.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:56 pm

Yes, these are the more historical games, even about organisation,
exemple in Espana36 game where you can organise only alowed along the time, that was actually the countrary from a forgotten features from the dev, as it was historically a big mess even in Franco side, so pushing the counters may be some painfull in the game at the start for all sides.

Pocus

Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:22 pm

deadmeat1471 wrote:Thanks for the suggestions already; another issue I have-
Currently in civil war 2 i have groups in washington forming each 8 command points and now I have basically 6 or 7 groups. I have to move these groups 1 at a time correct? I cant simply grab them all at once and move them to another province?

Indeed, no lasso selection if this is what you are asking for!

Return to “General discussions”