Timotheus
Conscript

Do you know that old AGEOD AAR's on "other forum" still exist?

Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:21 am

AAR's are here, many are worth a read, many have pictures from imgur imageshack still in:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/in ... t-12638966

The supposedly "deleted" AAR's of Loki, Narwhal, Bornego (aka one armed mexican) exist and are glorious.

For best results, save to your hard drive as "web page, HTML only" option chosen (Firefox is good for this) and enjoy.

What saving this to your hard drive does, is that the pictures will no longer have the ugly "PHOTOBUCKET BUY HUR DUR" plastered over the maps posted in an AAR.

Just finished reading Bornego's Who put the stranded admiral in charge (excellent AAR, with beginner corner for RUSgold which explains ALL the mechanics). I have all Loki's, Narwhal's, Bornego's AAR's saved on my hard drive (and phone - it makes for fun reading before sleep).

But wait, you say, when browsing the company which makes realistic history games "Conquer the world as Bhutan in WW2", and I click "Other games AAR" and then "AGEOD", there are no threads to display?

The secret is.... to know the direct link to an AAR. Then you can go to an Inkwell / link to another AGEOD AAR in the text, and those web links work just fine.

In case you already knew that, carry on.

In case you did not and think all these glorious AAR's (Loki and Narwhal "how to" AAR is next on my agenda) were deleted, well, here you go. Just some duckduckgo-FU is needed.

:hat: Oh, I guess this is an introduction post, since it is my first here.

Playing AGEOD for a bit now, just bought RUSgold, made a (private so far) tutorial for it as well as played Finnish Civil War to show up all the stuff I showed in the tutorial in practice. It's on youtube, and will release it sometime when I feel like it to general population. Have a whole series of films on BOA2.

Really wish AGEOD was more popular, but it seems the trend is (as with all games) to dumb down, paint the map, "achieve mission to build 5 factories and get 5 factories for free event click here"... and of course

:wacko: Lets conquer the world as Bhutan in 1939 realism :cuit:

Cheers everyone.
Last edited by Timotheus on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Random
AGEod Veteran

Re: Do you know that old AGEOD AAR's on "other forum" still exist?

Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:44 pm

Welcome, useful first post, thanks for sharing.

I recall the Battleships for Bhutan AAR for the original HOI but had not realized that someone had actually conquered with that country. One can argue that "realism" in any game relates to how we play and has little to do with the game mechanics or program but the point regarding a particular family of games is taken.

Some of the older AARs from the Paradox era are available here in the War Room forum below but many of the pictures are long gone.

-C

Durk

Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:07 am

Oh Timotheus so grand you joined a mostly quiet forum. Welcome. How refreshing to feel your enthusiasm for players we all love. One Armed Mexican was such an asset to the world of gaming, and such a great player, world class.

Timotheus
Conscript

Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:21 am

I tried to post the URL links to the AAR's to this thread but it automatically comes back with "topic disapproved, possible spam. contains contacts".

Then I tried to post this message and "Forbidden. You sent forms too often. Please wait a few minutes."

Thanks spam filter, you're doing great :bonk:

I can see why this forum is dead.... err, does not have much activity.......

Durk

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:49 pm

Once you have three posts, I think it is, then you will be able to post more attachments. It helps reduce the spam.
So one more replay.

Timotheus
Conscript

Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:54 am

All replays on 1 page, no need for mass links

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/in ... t-12638966

Direct link from there to any author/game in AGEOD you want on Pdox forums.

Pocus

Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:39 pm

Welcome onboard Thimotheus!

A slightly less complex and new game of AGEOD is out since July of past year, if you like the ancient world...

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:03 pm

I think I've played with Ukrainian and Russian players alot -no Mexicans unfortunately- before RUS gold. It is indeed good game As Durk have said..

Ebbingford is great player I should mention. We've played and solved many AGE conflicts. :dada:

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:55 pm

Awesome. I got most of my play knowledge from some of those AARs. The French and Indian war or whatever it was called in BOA2 (might have been the 1st one) was downright stupendous.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:59 pm

Timotheus wrote:just bought RUSgold, made a (private so far) tutorial for it
as well as played Finnish Civil War to show up all the stuff I showed in the tutorial in practice. It's on youtube, and will release it sometime when I feel like it to general population.
Really wish AGEOD was more popular,

Thanks! moreover if your tutorial is ingame!(?)

Timotheus
Conscript

Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:45 am

Hi Eriss.

My tutorial is not in game, but it is on youtube.
I have two - one for BOA2, one for RUSGold.

..... en polonaise :siffle:

Timotheus
Conscript

Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:45 am

Funny, just reading the Baris / Narwhal AAR on my phone :coeurs:

Return to “General discussions”