marek1978
Colonel

Regions and provinces

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:17 pm

I am really enjoying Empires game. I like trade, economy and diplomacy. I really think Ageod did a breakthrough here.
I was thinking how can this be transferred to operational level games – such as CWII or WON.
I really like idea of grouping regions in to provinces.
I wonder if for future Napoleonic or Ciwil War games it could done in such a manner that there would be dense network of regions is for moving troops on operational level while Provinces consisting 10-20 regions with 3-4 key cities would be for economy- politics turn – coming every couple of months or yearly in game terms.
In that respect regions would be more less a hex thing – whithout a need to describe tham so carefully in programing. Just terrain and supply info.
And to manage province and benefit from it one player should control like 30 or 40 percent of the province and to benefit from province fully player should have it all. It would be a booster to protect some regions that are not key strategic but important for the war effort pushing players to stretch their forces. Just like in real life.

Pocus

Re: Regions and provinces

Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:11 am

To have this work we would have to remove access to the region, for economy and building construction. This might be very frustrating...

marek1978
Colonel

Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:09 pm

Pocus wrote:To have this work we would have to remove access to the region, for economy and building construction. This might be very frustrating...

i guess provinces would play all featuers of regions - while hex-regions would be just for wargame

Pocus

Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:42 pm

Yes, I understand the intent. I think Paradox did that with 2 levels of granularity. That would require an extensive rework of the code and interface though.

marek1978
Colonel

Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:58 am

Pocus wrote:Yes, I understand the intent. I think Paradox did that with 2 levels of granularity. That would require an extensive rework of the code and interface though.

I know.
And i guess most of the modern audience looks rather for GrandStrategy and Tactical Mix that Empires provide
then for Grand Strategy+operation that Wars of Napoleon was giving.

Yet i would keep dreaming about such a game ( that i would probaly but on the release date and never have enough time to play :)

any way - thanks for all the great work

Pocus

Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:34 am

And thank you all for having played so many years the old Ageod games. Going to this forum is a bit like meeting old friends!

I wish this forum could be ported to an independent new forum though, that would be better for the long term.

Taillebois
General of the Army

Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:29 pm

And thank you for many hours of historical enjoyment. Even though I'm not very good at the games they have given me much pleasure.

I tried calling in at the Meylan /Grenoble address a couple of years ago when I was driving through France hoping to catch one of the Phils at work - but they must have all been out playing somewhere :)

Best wishes to you all.

marek1978
Colonel

Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:09 pm

Pocus wrote:And thank you all for having played so many years the old Ageod games. Going to this forum is a bit like meeting old friends!

I wish this forum could be ported to an independent new forum though, that would be better for the long term.

Well you guys delivered a great product. I even wrote my second master thesis inspired by WIA - ( analises of the french - british conflict in XVIII century)

:)

Do you think there is still a market for operation/strategic war games that are not about WWII ?
and have that historical-strategical twist that old AGEOD games had?

or there are not enough nerds like us in the world who could create proper demand for the supply side ? :)

marek1978
Colonel

Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:10 pm

Pocus wrote:And thank you all for having played so many years the old Ageod games. Going to this forum is a bit like meeting old friends!

Well you guys delivered a great product. I even wrote my second master thesis inspired by WIA - ( analises of the french - british conflict in XVIII century)

:)

Do you think there is still a market for operation/strategic war games that are not about WWII ?
and have that historical-strategical twist that old AGEOD games had?

or there are not enough nerds like us in the world who could create proper demand for the supply side ? :)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:02 pm

Well there is much about beta testers too but who is left to admire them much. ;)

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:17 pm

There was 1 woman 'the woman' 'femme' P.Thibaut mentioned very interesting life in Wars of Succession game but couldn't find the post and the name. These were very historical games, thanks to developers.

Return to “General discussions”