Murtagks
Corporal

The future of AGEOD Games (New Engine)

Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:56 pm

Hello,

I want to congratulate you first for your new game but also I have a question about the future of the Ageod Games.

When first, the new engine was announced I was surprised but also skeptical, I had expected that the new Engine be like the Engine from Civil War 2 and not a complete new Engine, with new game mechanics.

And after I played the new game Field of Glory Empires, I must unfortunately say that I don’t like this kind of games. : (

Because of this, I want to ask the developer, if all of the upcoming games will have the same game mechanics like Field of Glory Empires and if we will never see in the future games like Civil war 2 with the old game mechanic.

Pocus

Re: The future of AGEOD Games (New Engine)

Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:17 am

Many mechanisms in Empires are in Empires because they make sense. Probably if we were to do a Civil War III, we would not add Decadence and trade would take a back seat. :)

What specifically, you dislike in the new game and what do you fear will always be in the new games done with the new engine?

Murtagks
Corporal

Re: The future of AGEOD Games (New Engine)

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:09 pm

Pocus wrote:Many mechanisms in Empires are in Empires because they make sense. Probably if we were to do a Civil War III, we would not add Decadence and trade would take a back seat. :)

What specifically, you dislike in the new game and what do you fear will always be in the new games done with the new engine?

Hello Pocus,
Unfortunately almost everything from the new engine: (. I don’t like the complete new overhaul from the building to the new recruiting system or the battle system.

This why, I asking if from now on, every new game will have the new engine.
I must say I was hoping that the new engine only improve the old engine, with performance improvement, multiplayer and some other stuffs.

Even if I don’t like the new engine I will check your upcoming games. : )
You sincerely
Murtagks

Return to “General discussions”