allan_boa
Colonel

Changing saves directory

Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:45 pm

Hi, any idea how I could change the directory where the games are saved (I'm talking about WON but I guess it would be the same procedure with all ageod games)?

I'd like my saves on a separate drive where all my data are. The reason is that I'm having lots of problems with my OS/HD and am obliged to restore my PC every 3 days ... so each time I lose my saves :-(
Thank you.

lodilefty

Re: Changing saves directory

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:06 pm

IIRC if you delete the file UserPath.ini the game will put the saves as a subfolder of your game installation folder.

Your game should not be on the OS drive if you have a choice, and NEVER in the ProgramFiles directories!!!

allan_boa
Colonel

Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:26 pm

lodilefty wrote:IIRC if you delete the file UserPath.ini the game will put the saves as a subfolder of your game installation folder.

Your game should not be on the OS drive if you have a choice, and NEVER in the ProgramFiles directories!!!

Well, the games are installed by Steam so I don't have the choice of the directory. And as Steam in on C: where my OS is, then the games are there too. It's unfortunate but it is as it is ,,,

Not sure to understand what you mean by
if you delete the file UserPath.ini the game will put the saves as a subfolder of your game installation folder.

Because I precisely DON'T want to have the saves in a game's subfolder but on a different drive (e.g. D:\)

allan_boa
Colonel

Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:58 pm

Ok, after some thinking, and as my system has become a total mess, I made the decision to reorganise the whole thing ... I'm shrinking C drive (where OS is) and will create a third drive (E:) where I will put all my games and other software.
At the end of the day, I will have the OS on C:, the data (movies, pics, docs, etc on D: and Steam and games, and other software on E:/

Whish me good luck :-) will have THE perfect Saturday evening ! :-((((

Return to “General discussions”