Juliedang
Civilian

Input games

Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:06 am

Hi all, My name is Julie.

I am a miniature gamer, and would like to use the Ageod games for all my miniatures campaigns. And I think there are many other gamers out there who might like to do the same thing, using the AGE games for the strategic portion of a game, then using some other tactical level game to determine combat results.

To make this easy, Ageod would need to add an input combat results function, such as exists in games like Empire in Arms. or perhaps a game editor that could edit saved solo games.

I have been trying to do this thru text editors, but find the long text files confusing.

I realize that the easiest way to do this would be by being able to edit the number of unit/elements in each larger unit rather than edit each element man by man. You would fight the tactical battle, then go into the ageod game and input the actual number of elements lost to each side.

Can anyone tell me an existing easier way to do this? I myself am willing to put in some editing work on the text files.

I do believe that if Ageod added a function to the game to make this easy, they would see a large increase in sales to miniature gamers and other PC gamers.

Thanks for the great games!

deguerra
Major

Re: Input games

Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi Julie,

I'm afraid I'm no help with the text files either, but I certainly think you're onto something - this would be a very interesting feature.

Hope someone else can give you a hand with editing those text files!

All the best
-deguerra

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Input games

Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:03 pm

Hope (ask?) the feature will be in next game engine.

Return to “General discussions”