marek1978
Colonel

AI - biggest problem of Ageod games

Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:28 am

hey

huge fan of ageod games here - really enjoyng them, both mechanics and subjects covered

I played most of the ageod games and even though i really enjoy them i have to tell that AI is single bigest problem with them.

it is just to easy to win, and AI is making to many simple mistakes. I am not talking only about lack of long term strategy, but as well about AI not being able to keep its armies suplied, organised and going, not being able to keep the army structure.

Difference betwen quality PBEM and single game is just enormous and most of us, cannot handle long pbem....

I was wondering how will the new engine handle it. Will the game just run faster and smother or will be more of a challenge

Pocus

Re: AI - biggest problem of Ageod games

Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:26 pm

Hopefully better on all accounts. The AI is making some very good moves already, while being much much faster. And beta has not even started, so there are a tons of improvements planned before release, thanks to the feedback of the testers :D

marek1978
Colonel

Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:57 pm

Pocus wrote:Hopefully better on all accounts. The AI is making some very good moves already, while being much much faster. And beta has not even started, so there are a tons of improvements planned before release, thanks to the feedback of the testers :D

great to hear that , i keep my finger crossed

do you guys will keep it simple as WOS ( which is great) or rather try to add more functions like PON or first CW (which is great as well) - meaning more economy and diplomacy?

Captain_Orso

Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:45 am

What I would really like to see would be real strategies implemented. Athena does a great job at assessing and executing tactical plans, but doesn't have an overall strategic plan guiding her tactics.

Also, from my understanding the tactical plans for stacks are stored outside the Saves\Scenario folders, which means, if a tactical plan takes more than one turn to implement, if load any scenario than the one you are playing right now, to test something, or you are playing more than one scenario at a time, the tactical plans of one scenario will be overwritten by those of another scenario, which weakens Athena's overall performance.

Pocus

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:33 am

No, there is nothing saved outside the saved game file, AI wise. You are mistaking with logs perhaps?

Athena has a memory over 3 turns, but re-evaluate each turn in case the situation changes drastically. Now Athena has been developed over 10 years, so understanding one of its 'pseudo thought' process is sometime tricky, as the lady has a convoluted way of determining things. No don't say anything about the better part of humanity :coeurs: :blink:

Captain_Orso

Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:59 am

Ummm... '..\My Games\CivilWarII\CW2\Logs\AI\' :confused:

Return to “General discussions”