veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

New Forum lay out needed

Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:56 pm

I just posted a message on the "goodies" thread, but as a long time visitor I really think you need a new forum layout because the current one does the forum and therefore the company a disservice. It is too fragmented between games, There is no general forum to speak off since it is hidden deep below, and since the traffic isn't as high as at other moments, it seems even smaller.

The lay out should be a lot simpler :

One should land on the general forum, so that the general forum becomes the gateway. Then there should be a box on top of the forum with 4 titles (the 4 main subforums) and clickable subtexts underneath pointing towards the current sub-subforums :

- New games
WoS, TYW, WON, TEAW and CWII
- current games
subtitles pointing to the current games and one pointing to legacy games
- Community forums
PBEM, AAR, Modding, etc

And that's it. you make the news from ageod a stickied thread on top of the general forum and you roll with that. That way the general forum becomes a lot more dynamic and the forum a lot more welcoming. Right now it really looks like visiting an old library in the dead of the night...

Pocus

Re: New Forum lay out needed

Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:42 pm

We read you. Some of us at least!

Generalisimo

Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:35 pm

Well, the General Discussions has been moved now to increase its visibility. :gardavou: :niark:

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:34 pm

Pocus wrote:We read you. Some of us at least!

Cheers Pocus, it's just that to be honest it saddens me when I come here to see that the forum is really really quiet and I think a better lay out and a more dynamic general discussion part would make the forum a more welcoming place and lead to more players and newbies actually signing in whereas right now it would probably drive them away.

cheers.

Return to “General discussions”