marek1978
Colonel

New Game Topic

Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi, when topic of the game following WSS will be revealed?
Will it be the game using new engine?

Pocus

Re: New Game Topic

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:36 pm

There is another project developed in parallel with the AGE engine, but not by the official Ageod team.

We at Ageod are working with the new engine Archon, developed in-house by Slitherine developers and us. Subject is still undisclosed, but this will be a WEGO strategy game, rest assured :coeurs:

marek1978
Colonel

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:58 pm

Pocus wrote:There is another project developed in parallel with the AGE engine, but not by the official Ageod team.

We at Ageod are working with the new engine Archon, developed in-house by Slitherine developers and us. Subject is still undisclosed, but this will be a WEGO strategy game, rest assured :coeurs:

1)
so there are 3 games in a pipeline?
-WOS
-sideline projecy based on old angine ( i guess its leibstadarte :)
-new game with new engine

2)
When will you reveal some information?

3.)
Is the new engine new game a history one? if so , what centrury ( or millenium at least )

:)

PhilThib

Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:37 pm

There should be some news soon :indien:

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:50 am

PhilThib wrote:There should be some news soon :indien:

So once again we wait, wait, wait. You guys, or the English, are without mercy sometimes.

PhilThib

Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Yes I know... :fleb: Long internal debates, most people in the group (i.e. Matrix/Slitherine) don't like to give away news till we have something serious to show :cool:

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:40 pm

Sure, 1 "see what we have made" is better than 2 "read what we might make".

marek1978
Colonel

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:42 pm

ERISS wrote:Sure, 1 "see what we have made" is better than 2 "read what we might make".

waiting waiting waiting....

oh guys - you made me turn on polish punk rock music back from 1981 - deep down from memories of my child hood in communist Poland with martial law and tanks on the street - and the song is about waiting for a sign

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS5jTh7RkEE

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:25 am

Republics (bourgeois or communist), the wealthy or greedy, are destroying the life on hearth, and they don't really care. We mock indigenous people :indien: , but elites prepare a same Easter Planet :feu: . No need nuclear war, simple bourgeois economics suffice.
We will end like a shooting star, after we have let our hydrogen go back in deep space in a desperate try to use it as batteries.
However it let us some time to play new games. I'll say we have 6 years, as I guess elites prepare a 3rd World War as a solution to stand on top of their people. I fear this Sirya war since some years. :papy: Let's play! while we're preparing for being a wiser humankind. :nuts:

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:45 am

PhilThib wrote:There should be some news soon :indien:

Hmmmm, why did you use that :indien: icon?

No snow here yet, we sure could use a few acres...

OR

Hey, Britain, your phone is ringing. Don't answer it; its freedom. TJ's would be message is my signature.

At least I can hope. I thought you said you were returning to your roots and Birth of America was one of your first..
I told King George he could eat a fat dick
When it comes to declarations, I'm the first draft pick
I'll topple any tyrant, so kings and pirates beware
I'm so down with revolutions, I invented the swivel chair
- Thomas Jefferson

Random
AGEod Veteran

Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:52 am

Perhaps the Peloponnesian Wars when people thought the world was ending.
Or maybe the when Rome fell to the barbarians, when people thought the world was ending.
Or perhaps the wars around the first Christian millennium, when people thought the world was ending.
How about the wars concurrent with the Black Death, when people thought the world was ending.
The there's the sack of Constantinople when people thought the world was ending.
Or the conquest of the New World when the indigenous Amerinds believed that the world was ending.

We've certainly screwed the planet but it's unlikely that Homo Sapiens are on the endangered list or will be any time soon. We're too adoptable, we breed too quickly and are too adept at taking what we need from those weaker than us.

100% behind the Play concept but the rest, particularly the hydrogen thing, not so much.

-C

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:47 pm

What is left in Constantinople after occupation (culture, government norms) most probably integrated to Mehmed II's new idea of empire. It could be an interesting game where Beyliks could have some foreign intervention percentage joining war against Byzantium. But as a further disadvantage after 2nd Kosovo defeat of John Hunyadi there would be unlikely a crusade commander against occupation.

rochesta
Conscript

Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:49 am

Vietnam game would be pretty damn slick.

Nikel

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:01 pm

New thread regarding the new and mysterious engine, also started by marek, but he did not get relevant info either, yet :wacko:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4052325

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:39 am

I wonder which era/history will have the honor to be first on the new engine..

Pocus

Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:07 pm

There will be regions!

Nikel

Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:38 pm

Will there be human soldiers? :fleb:

richfed

Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:04 pm

The gaming world is in dire need of a strategic WWII Pacific Theater game -- one that is designed in the usual beautiful AGEOD manner ... and is PLAYABLE. Vietnam would be cool, too. I wouldn't mind seeing a New World conquest endeavor and/or the Indian Wars. Just my 2 or 3 cents.

BZA
Conscript

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:38 am

I'm very new to the ageod games, I've only given enough time to RUS, AJE and End all Wars.

But I have to say that what I love about your games is that they touch conflicts that we rarely hear about, much less find games about it. I really hope that this remains constant.

For WW2 games we have just too much, they are good of course, but they are just too many. Sure, Matrix, Paradox, and others make excellent games about it, but how many strategy ones can you make about one single conflict?

What I would love to see games about are conflicts like:

Italian Unification Wars
Balkan Wars (1912) (the 90's Balkan wars would be interesting too but too much genocide involved...)
Mexican Revolution (1910-1930 or so)
Sudamerican wars of Independence
Boer Wars
Crimean War
Greco-Persian Wars
Ghana-Mali Medieval Wars

There are so many interesting moments and conflicts in history to make interesting and informative games about those "obscure" conflicts than develop ANOTHER WW2 game...

I just wanted to say that. Thanks for your games people, they are pretty good.

(Mexican Revolution pls :siffle: )

Duke76
Corporal

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:27 am

Sengoku Jidai! :dada:

Pocus

Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:16 pm

I would love to read a book on Ghana-Mali Medieval Wars btw!

BZA
Conscript

Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:29 am

Pocus wrote:I would love to read a book on Ghana-Mali Medieval Wars btw!

I would love too, but all the info I have about them it seems to come from wikipedia and other web sources, in my opinion sub-sahara African history has not been studied too much, maybe because lack of sources and few historical references.

Maybe there is more about Ethiopia, its wars for unification or how it managed to remain independent after the scramble for Africa.

Return to “General discussions”