Sruba
Private

Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:26 pm

My God, I'm speachless.

I'm not even mad, that I've bough RUS on summer sale for more, than whole bundle. :)

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:38 pm

I really don't know why not even one Ageod game ever went on GOG. Surely that was not a price problem. Steam, the bigger low-cost platform.

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:00 pm

Wow, all those games for $7?

It seems too good to be true... So, I've gotta ask: Is this legit? Has anyone purchased this bundle?

I'm really wary to purchase steam keys outside of steam because I have read some bad stuff about sites that do that, mainly G2G.

Sruba
Private

Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:10 pm

The offer is legit. Bundlestars is known to have jawdropping bundles from time to time. :)

asdicus
Sergeant

Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:16 pm

I have bought a lot of games from Bundle Stars. Never had a problem with the keys. I have just bought the Ageod full tier 3 bundle - amazing price !

Freyr Oakenshield
Conscript

Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:35 pm

Bundle Stars is legit. Besides, the sale is officially endorsed by a Matrix/Slitherine employee:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4127603
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=73319

I'd already owned half of the tier1 and tier2 titles, but it was still worth getting the complete bundle, mainly for tier3... and of course for the missing tier1 and tier 2 games :thumbsup:

Nikel

Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:43 pm

IMO both are true:

- A way to squeeze some money for games wouldn't get many more sales.

- Too few money for so much work.

Freyr Oakenshield
Conscript

Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:28 pm

Nikel wrote:IMO both are true:

Sure, that's what bundles are made for...

Nikel

Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Well, the part you suppressed was the important one...

Freyr Oakenshield
Conscript

Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:26 pm

Nikel wrote:Well, the part you suppressed was the important one...

Sure it is. But i's not my problem. ;)

Nico165
Lieutenant

Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:02 am

Freyr Oakenshield wrote:Bundle Stars is legit. Besides, the sale is officially endorsed by a Matrix/Slitherine employee:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4127603
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=73319

I'd already owned half of the tier1 and tier2 titles, but it was still worth getting the complete bundle, mainly for tier3... and of course for the missing tier1 and tier 2 games :thumbsup:

zakblood's not a matrix/slitherine employee. He's a volunteer and helps a lot with beta testing and moderation, but you can't count him as an official endorsement.

I sent a PM to the Phil's when I saw the offer. We'll see their answer tomorrow.

ashandresash
Captain

Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:16 am

I've got almost all the games but I was looking for some DLCs, so... it seems fine.

Anyway, I suppose you can give as a present the keys of the games you already own, so... it's a good way of introducing Ageod games to some of our friends who love strategy but for whatever reasons haven't get into Ageod yet.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:54 am

I suppose it the best way to promote with this bundle to give key others.. Just after getting parthian wars with this I wish to continue with the lovely graphics of AJE in other future scenarious.

Carnium

Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:00 am

Great price for so many (if not all) AGEOD games on Steam.
Sadly, I already own all of them.
Funny thing is that Slitherine was mocking Paradox for selling PON "for peanuts" thus not appreciating the work that AGEOD has put into making the game, then they make a HUGE AGEOD (only) bundle that costs even less than peanuts :)
Maybe the only slightly annoying thing is that 30YW is rather new on Steam. Those 10-15 people who bought it on Steam were probably not too happy to see it bundled that fast.
But on the other hand, the game is not new any more and AGEOD needs some advertisement for their upcoming games.

Raied
Conscript

Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:03 am

I need CW2 and RUS, so I guess I will buy tier 2, well I have to gift the others.
What a surprise bundle, I got a lot of AGEOD games during the summer sales, but AGEOD always deserves mi dinero.

keeveek
Conscript

Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:06 am

Nico165 wrote:zakblood's not a matrix/slitherine employee. He's a volunteer and helps a lot with beta testing and moderation, but you can't count him as an official endorsement.

I sent a PM to the Phil's when I saw the offer. We'll see their answer tomorrow.

You guys for real? You must've been living under a rock to not recognize Bundle Stars and suspect it of malpractice.

It's not even the first bundle with AGEOD or Slitherine games of theirs either.

Freyr Oakenshield
Conscript

Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:07 pm

Nico165 wrote:zakblood's not a matrix/slitherine employee. He's a volunteer and helps a lot with beta testing and moderation, but you can't count him as an official endorsement.

keeveek wrote:You guys for real? You must've been living under a rock to not recognize Bundle Stars and suspect it of malpractice.

It's not even the first bundle with AGEOD or Slitherine games of theirs either.

@ Nico: Sure, send one to Interpol, too... :mdr:

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:13 pm

Carnium wrote:AGEOD needs some advertisement for their upcoming games

To then sell them for peanuts by Steam few months later?

selfsearcher
Conscript

Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:57 pm

First of all, the bundle is legit. I think they are serious... just ask them! I did once :D
Said this, I bought the bundle instantly.
Duplicate keys? No problem: give them to your friends (first choice) or just "sell" them on some giveaway sites.
But never forget to mention the bundle.

Carnium

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:38 pm

ERISS wrote:To then sell them for peanuts by Steam few months later?

Yup, Steam is a HUGE platform and Slitherine likes to keep the prices quite firm. Then every once in a while they make a bundle ... for peanuts :)
Every company has it's own way of marketing and selling games.
Paradox makes them for the masses, while Slitherine has a different approach.
To each one his own I guess.

csiemers
Sergeant

Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:36 am

Lots of game companies do the "bundles" so Slithering/Ageod/Matrix aren't the only ones. I try to buy my games in bundles as the price is so much better. However they typically aren't the latest and greatest, but pretty close.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:58 am

Carnium wrote:Slitherine likes to keep the prices quite firm. Then every once in a while they make a bundle for peanuts

That's a very bad strategy: Steam users wait for being given huge presents, and Slitherine fans stand for idiots paying firm prices.
So the Slitherine customers may prefer to give their money to Gabe, or may prefer to use their money elsewhere.
Slitherine should find a same price for all, own customers and Gabe ones.
With the self destruction of their own prices, some (like Matrix) find the solution is to become fully dependant of Steam... (then ciao from me)

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:16 pm

Nikel wrote:IMO both are true:

- Too few money for so much work.

Agree completely, I hope all is well for Ageod, when I saw the bundle I was quite discerned, and it is not because I bought most of their games at base price, it is the fact that almost all the games in that bundle are premium titles and they deserve way more respect then 7 dollars !!! I am a big fan of these games and it really seems like they got thrown in the gutter, stepped on, and left to rot when placed in a bundle like this. These games are really good, historically accurate, and a lot of work was put in to them, and no Steam pleb will ever appreciate them like some of the hardcore fans on these forums do. Now these products on Steam will be bombarded with stupid Steam reviews about graphics and difficulty, and the forums here will probably be visited by less than motivated users who probably will complain about a minor crash and make a tantrum about it.

deidaraakatski
Sergeant

Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:17 pm

ERISS wrote:That's a very bad strategy: Steam users wait for being given huge presents, and Slitherine fans stand for idiots paying firm prices.
So the Slitherine customers may prefer to give their money to Gabe, or may prefer to use their money elsewhere.
Slitherine should find a same price for all, own customers and Gabe ones.
With the self destruction of their own prices, some (like Matrix) find the solution is to become fully dependant of Steam... (then ciao from me)

I agree completely, what you say is very much true. ^^

Raied
Conscript

Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:14 pm

deidaraakatski wrote:Agree completely, I hope all is well for Ageod, when I saw the bundle I was quite discerned, and it is not because I bought most of their games at base price, it is the fact that almost all the games in that bundle are premium titles and they deserve way more respect then 7 dollars !!! I am a big fan of these games and it really seems like they got thrown in the gutter, stepped on, and left to rot when placed in a bundle like this. These games are really good, historically accurate, and a lot of work was put in to them, and no Steam pleb will ever appreciate them like some of the hardcore fans on these forums do. Now these products on Steam will be bombarded with stupid Steam reviews about graphics and difficulty, and the forums here will probably be visited by less than motivated users who probably will complain about a minor crash and make a tantrum about it.

I agree, I am sad to see such great works been putting on such price. By the way I am not a hardcore fan of AGEOD, I am kind of new and got to know AGEOD game only through steam, but I see their games as masterpieces of historic strategy games, I even see the newer Paradox game as unfocused, not serious and lack of historic authenticity after I played most of AGEOD games recently.

keeveek
Conscript

Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:39 pm

deidaraakatski wrote:These games are really good, historically accurate, and a lot of work was put in to them, and no Steam pleb will ever appreciate them like some of the hardcore fans on these forums do.

This attitude is what makes wargames such inaccessible for gamers, not the games themselves. This elitist bs.
Such bundles are a great opportunities for people who would never buy the games otherwise to maybe get endorsed in wargaming.
And being angry that some people have opportunity to buy the games cheap while I bought them for full price is just pathetic.
Let's just all hope this bundle gives AGEOD enough money to fund and release another great game. The chances are better than regular 100 or so buyers of the game.

That said, I think Slitherine's approach to sales is a wrong one. One should lower the prices of their product gradually. Let's say, first 10% off, then 30% off, then 50% off, and then 75% off and then, and only then, you go for a bundle. Then you can be pretty sure you've sold your game to almost everyone who would want it for the price they see affordable.

Nikel

Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:19 pm

keeveek wrote:This attitude is what makes wargames such inaccessible for gamers, not the games themselves. This elitist bs.
Such bundles are a great opportunities for people who would never buy the games otherwise to maybe get endorsed in wargaming.
And being angry that some people have opportunity to buy the games cheap while I bought them for full price is just pathetic.

I do not think that the fact that there are more people hunting pokemons than playing wargames has something to do with "elitist attitudes" or price.

People has enough information and is free to choose and play this or that game, it is that they prefer to hunt pokemons to roleplay Frederick the Great strategy to fight encirclement. :wacko:

keeveek
Conscript

Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:36 pm

Nikel wrote:I do not think that the fact that there are more people hunting pokemons than playing wargames has something to do with "elitist attitudes" or price.

People has enough information and is free to choose and play this or that game, it is that they prefer to hunt pokemons to roleplay Frederick the Great strategy to fight encirclement. :wacko:
This doesn't make them "plebs" though and people playing Panzer General truer gamers than Pokemon players.

Making sales, bundles, some events and stuff is a great way to promote more sofisticated games, imho.

I bought my first AGEOD game for 0,99 EUR (BoA 1) on Steam during Christmas sale 4 or 5 years ago. Without it, I would probably never get to know how great their games are and probably would never buy any of them.

A well thought marketing campaign can get many people hooked. I am sure there are thousands of people who don't know they love wargames yet

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:22 pm

keeveek wrote:being angry that some people have opportunity to buy the games cheap while I bought them for full price is just pathetic

What is pathetic is that other people are forbidden from this opportunity. Paying fullprice (or less, but not just nuts) and being treated as subpart customer. We don't ask for being superiorly treated, but at least equally.

Return to “General discussions”