NOTACOW
Civilian

Very few Solid Strategy games available !

Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:46 pm

I put this information out there in hopes that someone might see it and do something about it. In which doing so would more than likely make even more money.

I have been interested in Strategy games for about 35 years now and played nearly all in that time. I have experienced the gems of their day to what is more and more difficult to find now.
Knowledge of a well rounded strategy game as I see one is like putting on my clothes in the morning very routine. For the last seven or eight years at least I have seen far fewer releases that are entertaining.
It is now to the point I do not even purchase games. For example what I look for first is authenticity in historical facts, no shortcuts taken( IE no using cards to represent units, no lack of structure), the ability to manage the whole game and lead to your own outcome based on your abilities and fortune, detail in infrastructure building, army building/management, country finances, political party management, on and on). In the past there have been games of this nature and I see Ageod as part of the type of strategy game producers for PC's. Only thing is first failure is use of the Unit decal cards , major upset to me. There are far better ways to represent units in a game. Also from the war map to the battle ground similation is missing in most games. I used to buy AGEOD games in hopes that it would get better for many years because I would give a lot of games a chance. Now it is so obvious that its not changing here and other companies yet. So as a history buff of almost 35 years that likes to also play strategy games. I am pleading with you like I have with other companies. Change your gaming engines! Thanks and best of luck to you.

Return to “General discussions”