Pocus

Christmas thread and holiday

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:28 am

Dear players,

Soon the Ageod team will be on holiday until the start of January, yes no less! This is not to say that we won't go to the forum regularly, but we will probably not release new patches during this time, although it might be possible to quickly wrap a public beta for a game, depending of the needs.

We wish you anyway some happy vacation, if you take some, and nice gaming sessions, with Ageod games or others! Do not hesitate to share here your impressions on the game you played, if you feel they are worth the time of your fellows comrade!

Have a great time!
The Ageod Team.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Pocus

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:29 am

I for one will start the topic by praising Endless Legend, a very good heroic fantasy 4X game with a lot of imaginative concepts, a true breeze of fresh air in the 4x environment. Imagine a blend of Civ5 and Fallen Enchantress: LH and add tons of new ideas to spice it up. Plus it is done by Amplitude studio, a French company ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:30 pm

I did purchase couple of games including Ageod's. For 4X games I would choose Dominions 4. :cool: It seems it has good depth and replay value with consistent unit stats. (at least has more balance than some other fantasy titles) . But I'm beginner in that game, yet I have RUS and AJE pbems going it will wait a while to go deeper.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:23 am

picked up Endless Legends ... it really is very imaginiative and different
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Erik Springelkamp
Brigadier General

Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:10 pm

Pocus wrote:I for one will start the topic by praising Endless Legend, a very good heroic fantasy 4X game with a lot of imaginative concepts, a true breeze of fresh air in the 4x environment. Imagine a blend of Civ5 and Fallen Enchantress: LH and add tons of new ideas to spice it up. Plus it is done by Amplitude studio, a French company ;)

Well thank you very much Pocus, I decided to take a look at this game and ended up buying it and losing 9 hours of my valuable time playing it yesterday :grr:

Wish you happy holidays. :wavey:

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:14 am

Erik Springelkamp wrote:Well thank you very much Pocus, I decided to take a look at this game and ended up buying it and losing 9 hours of my valuable time playing it yesterday :grr:

Wish you happy holidays. :wavey:

aye me too .. having a blast with the S*M faction, will try the undead insects next
AJE The Hero, The Traitor and The Barbarian
PoN Manufacturing Italy; A clear bright sun
RoP The Mightiest Empires Fall
WIA Burning down the Houses; Wars in America; The Tea Wars

Franciscus

Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:24 pm

Fantasy 4x ? Fallen Enchantress - like ?

I got so disappointed with Elemental and successors that I don't want to hear about fantasy 4x for a long time :bonk:

Sci-fi 4x is another matter, though.
I bought GalCiv 3 pre beta but what I've seen so far in the betas is pretty much very like GalCiv 2...That is a great game, but I am getting the feeling I was again duped by Stardock... :confused:

So, for the season I decided on something completely different- WitW :w00t:
After some hours reading players handbooks, manual, seeing very good tutorials, I am getting my ass kicked by the Axis AI on the tutorial scenario...loving it :D

Merry Christmas to All !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:45 pm

Franciscus, I also bought Gal Civ 3 in beta stage, it was 2nd beta version but it didn't seems much different indeed. Didn't try 3rd beta. WitW is in my list though still didn't properly played full WitE pbem.

Pocus

Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:14 am

I'm quite reserved on Gal Civ 3 for now, I'll probably wait for its release and then some. I know that the lead designer is Derek Paxton, aka Kael, aka the guy who made initially Civ 4 total conversion mod Fall from Heaven (and was hired subsequently by Stardock to salvage Fallen Enchantress, the first opus), but still, for now, there are not enough changes in GC3 compared to GC2 to entice me buying it before some feedbacks from players (and not from Metacritic score, as Civ Beyond Earth got a 81 from aggregated Metacritic whereas 90% or so of the players were agreeing the game was semi-botched at release).

Hobbes

Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:02 pm

I just bought Crusader Kings II and Civ 5. Now there is another game I want and won't find the time to play. Thanks Philippe. First I need to give one last stab at getting the Barbarians to attack in AJE :)

Wishing a good Christmas to all.
Chris

Return to “General discussions”