MarsRobert

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:53 am

vaalen wrote:In the US, where we have government of the corporation, by the corporation, and for the corporation, yes, you could get sued.

Right you are man. The US is not a democracy or even a constitutional republic, but rather it is a corporate republic. FYI, there is just such a government type available in Distant Worlds.

BTW, I know that like Dune, this is sort of 'howling at the moon', but now that I'm getting psyched up for the Hobbit movie release, it made me think what a great fit the AGEOD engine would be for the Wars of Middle Earth. :) Of course, if the rights for Dune would be prohibitive, the rights for Tolkien would be in the stratosphere. :(

So ACW2 is the next game? I dunno, I sort of liked the first one, but thought that the Union AI was way too aggressive. I mean, the Union AI was launching major invasions in 1861, and as we all know their war machine really didn't get going until mid-1862. Hope this is fixed in the next game.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato

Quirk
Lieutenant

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:19 pm

I absolutely would love a game about the War of Roses. Great Britain, with its specific geographical features, is a very interesting battle field and games about the middle ages' warfare always have been very appealing to me. Even more so the option to behead a captured nobleman...

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:22 am

Quirk wrote:I absolutely would love a game about the War of Roses. Great Britain, with its specific geographical features, is a very interesting battle field and games about the middle ages' warfare always have been very appealing to me. Even more so the option to behead a captured nobleman...

The next game has already been announced. Take a look here.

Cheers! :thumbsup:
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BigDuke66
General

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:52 am

Posted that yesterday...
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

Quirk
Lieutenant

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:28 pm

Well, not as cool as a game about the War of Roses, but I can live with a AACW 2 ;)

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:55 pm

Pax Romana 2?, if DreamCatcher is ok...,
and without Starforce, so I won't buy in mistrust the game for 3€, and throw it in the trashbin once I see the drm.

Kensai

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:36 pm

Pocus, do you use this for your programming? :)
Care to unify Germany as Austria? Recreate the Holy Roman Empire of the 20th Century:
Großdeutschland Mod
Are you tough enough to impersonate the Shogun and defy the Westerners? Prove it:
Shogun Defiance Mod (completed AAR)

Pocus

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:54 am

Nope :)

I use Tortoise SVN to keep safe and with version history my code, and various Delphi versions to program.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “General discussions”